FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG Status Match Timescale (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1473311-ihg-status-match-timescale.html)

Dolphinyong Oct 5, 2013 10:52 am

I had a few stay in September and did a status match in September, valid till Dec 2013...zzz...

Any chance to extend the validity of the status match? Thanks.

flrvt Oct 6, 2013 2:32 am

You can always try.. Call them. It would make sense to ask for a status match extension if you have a lot of stays planned in the next year, so if that's the case you could explain that you didn't have the chance to re-qualify in 4 months, and that you want to re-qualify next year.

You could also say something like "A colleague just told me his status was matched until December 2014, is there any possibility I can get the same so I can re-qualify for Gold/Platinum next year?"

If you are lucky, they might just do it. But I doubt it. The operator is likely to refer to the T&C which states status matches are valid for the rest of the calendar year and not longer.

Guy Betsy Oct 11, 2013 3:31 am

I had two emails going back and forth with regards to the status match to Platinum. One said that my status is valid till end of 2014 but I must have the qualifying stays to keep the status by the end of 2013. I wrote back asking them to clarify.. and then I receive this ..

..Thank you for your reply,

Please be advised that your status will be valid until 31 December 2013. Towards the end of the year, your recorded stays will be evaluated.

However since your status was already upgraded to Platinum in the last quarter of 2013, we will extend your Platinum Elite status until 31 December 2014. Once your status has been downgraded, please call IHG Rewards Club Service center and refer to case number 3910xxxx.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,

Veronica U.
Account Manager
IHG Rewards Club
www.ihgrewardsclub.com

remymartin Feb 3, 2014 3:51 am

I matched to IHG Platinum on Christmas eve last year until the end of the 2014. As of today (or perhaps a few days ago) my account statement says I'm "Club" level. A glitch or was I forcefully downgraded?

kpc Feb 3, 2014 4:52 am

I emailed a status match request (based on my HHonors Diamond status) to [email protected] earlier today, and less than an hour later, received a +ve response^ Pretty impressed!!

Dear kpc,

Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We are pleased to inform you that your IHG Rewards Club membership level has been upgraded to Platinum. For your reference, below are the benefits accorded for Platinum members:

• All Club level member benefits, plus
• 50% point bonus on base points
• Priority Check-In
• Complimentary room upgrades available at check-in
• Guaranteed room availability (72 hours in advance)
• Access to the exclusive Platinum Elite Phone Number

We have ordered a new Platinum membership kit for you, which you shall receive within the next 2 to 4 weeks. Your membership level will be valid through the end of 2014. Please be informed that in order for you to retain your Platinum status, you have to accumulate at least 50 qualifying nights or earn 60,000 points in a calendar year. Otherwise, you will be downgraded to the next level of membership which will correspond to the amount of points or nights you have accumulated in 2014.

Further, please be informed that this process is a one time courtesy only and future requests will no longer be honored as the system will have a record of this exception.

For more information, please visit http://www.ihg.com.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,

remymartin Feb 3, 2014 5:25 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 22275552)
I matched to IHG Platinum on Christmas eve last year until the end of the 2014. As of today (or perhaps a few days ago) my account statement says I'm "Club" level. A glitch or was I forcefully downgraded?

It appears it was a glitch - IHG was faster than FT (35 mins to respond):

"Our record shows that your account was upgraded to Platinum on 24 December 2013 due to status match and should be valid until the end of 2014. Recently though, we discovered an issue that caused a number of IHG Rewards members to lose their current status. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We have now upgraded back your account into Platinum Elite status."