FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG Status Match Timescale (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1473311-ihg-status-match-timescale.html)

takke Jun 5, 2013 1:01 pm

IHG Status Match Timescale

Hi,

I requested a status match from Le Club Accorhotels Platinum to Priority Club Rewards (I emailed [email protected])

Anyone know how long this normally takes, as I sent the email a week ago and haven't got anything back yet. Is it worth sending another one?

Daekwan Jun 6, 2013 11:53 am

Same here.. just requested a match from my Hilton Gold status

takke Jun 15, 2013 3:27 am

IHG Status Match Timescale

Anyone else looking for a status match, it's much better just to ring them. I rang their US service centre on +1-888-211-9874 at 10am UK time, did not have to wait in a queue, and had the status match done and showing on my online account in less than 5 minutes by emailing directly to the CSR I was talking to. Much better than the emails, which had no replies.

nlkm9 Jun 15, 2013 6:16 am

yep, I had emailed them twice, as soon as i called , before i even got off the phone the match was done.:)

Plissken Jun 15, 2013 11:17 am

took them approx 3 weeks to match my HHonors Gold. Only valid until end of 2013 and 50 nights required to maintain Platinum lol that would mean 1/3 of the year from now on holidays :rolleyes:

nacho Jun 15, 2013 11:27 am

Last time we matched in Mid Dec. and we got our status matched for 14 days.

Neltron Jun 22, 2013 2:57 pm

I just a status match to Platinum today and it took about 30 minutes. I called 1-888-211-9874, sent the CSR my statement from the other brand, and she called me back about a half hour later saying my account had been updated. ^

IflyfromABE Jun 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Call.
and get a screenshot of your current status
ask for an email address for the agent
sent the screenshot
you will be matched before the call ends

(not sure that it will work for the free Accor platinum ;) )

hailstorm Aug 3, 2013 11:00 pm

The whole process took me about 10 minutes by phone. The operator took my information, she specified an email address to which I sent my credentials, she put me on hold for about two minutes to confirm, and the Platinum status was confirmed on my account soon after.

I'd rather there were a reliable way to do this by email, but the phone method was painless enough.

drspear Aug 7, 2013 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Plissken (Post 20928217)
took them approx 3 weeks to match my HHonors Gold. Only valid until end of 2013 and 50 nights required to maintain Platinum lol that would mean 1/3 of the year from now on holidays :rolleyes:

Won't be 50 nights you usually can easily achieve 60k on points

You would need to stay in $50 rooms and not spend extras or ever partake in bonuses to need to do it through nights

ethanwa Aug 7, 2013 2:06 am

I got a status match within a few hours using this email: [email protected]

billnye97 Aug 19, 2013 2:17 pm

I spoke with the IHG rep and she would not give me her personal email to send my Hilton Diamond info to her. I had to send it to the generic one so we'll see how long this takes.

Oh yeah...long time lurker, I finally decided to sign on and post.

Gunnar Smithsen Aug 22, 2013 11:01 pm

Anyone know the validity of these IHG status matches? Is it a calendar year or a rolling year?

scubaccr Aug 24, 2013 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Gunnar Smithsen (Post 21321054)
Anyone know the validity of these IHG status matches? Is it a calendar year or a rolling year?

Historically to end of current calendar year, ie 31st December 2013.

Your status renewal is then based on qual points/qual nights posted since joining/matching up until end of year.

Dolphinyong Aug 27, 2013 3:30 am

Can anyone provide me a specific agent's email?

Hi, guys...I'm trying to do a status match with IHG, but there's still no response from them 2 weeks after my email...

I'm thinking maybe it would be faster for me to email a specific agent? I'm staying in Europe, and I don't think I'm able to call to US...

Thanks a lot.

hunter186 Sep 10, 2013 12:42 pm

I just received a status match from IHG, using my HHonors Gold status.

I emailed [email protected] and had a response within minutes. We sent a couple emails back and forth, and the support coordinator offered a match to Platinum Elite (I'm assuming due to 50+ stays in Hiltons this year). The whole process took about 20 mins.

The status hasn't appeared in my account yet. Anybody know how long it takes?

FF#1 Sep 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Anybody that knows if it is possible to match really late in the year and get platinum for next year? Of has it to be done after new year?

At the home page for status match,they ask for stetement showing status and stay information. Will they put a lot of attention on my stays? (will use my BW Diamond and 90% of stays in EU)

scubaccr Sep 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by FF#1 (Post 21449416)
Anybody that knows if it is possible to match really late in the year and get platinum for next year? Of has it to be done after new year?

At the home page for status match,they ask for stetement showing status and stay information. Will they put a lot of attention on my stays? (will use my BW Diamond and 90% of stays in EU)

o IHG Status Match is only to 31st December.
o No if you Match in December, you just get 1month status. Better de;ay matching in a 4Qyy until January.

FF#1 Sep 15, 2013 11:22 pm

Thanks,

any body knows if you need to have a huge amount of stays at competitor to get the status match or if it is easy?

scubaccr Sep 16, 2013 5:14 am

Originally Posted by FF#1 (Post 21450988)
Thanks,

any body knows if you need to have a huge amount of stays at competitor to get the status match or if it is easy?

Status Match update ! IHG revising this process from 1st October.
1)Renewals after 1st October get to 31st december ++ the next calendar year
SO... wait until 2nd October

2)IHG are dropping their matches with Accor and Club Carlson, the easiest programs to get elite without staying any/many nights.

3)see Loyalty Lobby piece this week/yesterday on IHG Status Match changes
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/09/15/i...er-2013-update

FF#1 Sep 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21451951)
Status Match update ! IHG revising this process from 1st October.
1)Renewals after 1st October get to 31st december ++ the next calendar year
SO... wait until 2nd October

2)IHG are dropping their matches with Accor and Club Carlson, the easiest programs to get elite without staying any/many nights.

3)see Loyalty Lobby piece this week/yesterday on IHG Status Match changes
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/09/15/i...er-2013-update

Isn't it funny, I asked about it yesterday and today they make my wish come thru.

I will wait until 1 st of October and then i will match...

flrvt Oct 1, 2013 8:17 am

Okay so I waited until today to get my status matched, with success (I called and asked for the operator's personal e-mail, which she gave and handled the status match immediately).

When I asked about the duration of this status match she looked it up in the T&C and said it would be valid until Dec 31st and then I had to re-qualify for platinum.

When I said that I read it would carry on for the next calendar year she said there was a possibility that she couldn't confirm.

Can anyone confirm this? What is the source of this information?

EDIT: ok NOW I see that scubaccr recommended to wait until 2nd October. S%*t! Let's hope for the best..

EDIT 2: this article states that status matches from NOW on will be until Dec 2014. http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/10/01/i...1-2014-update/ It would be nice to get some confirmation from IHG though, I asked it on twitter.

rubbernyc Oct 1, 2013 11:58 am

Originally Posted by flrvt (Post 21534604)
Okay so I waited until today to get my status matched, with success (I called and asked for the operator's personal e-mail, which she gave and handled the status match immediately).

When I asked about the duration of this status match she looked it up in the T&C and said it would be valid until Dec 31st and then I had to re-qualify for platinum.

When I said that I read it would carry on for the next calendar year she said there was a possibility that she couldn't confirm.

Can anyone confirm this? What is the source of this information?

EDIT: ok NOW I see that scubaccr recommended to wait until 2nd October. S%*t! Let's hope for the best..

EDIT 2: this article states that status matches from NOW on will be until Dec 2014. http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/10/01/i...1-2014-update/ It would be nice to get some confirmation from IHG though, I asked it on twitter.

I submitted my request today and was upgraded within an hour to Platinum with expiration on Dec 2014.

travelisfree Oct 1, 2013 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21451951)

IHG... you are that guy. :p

flrvt Oct 1, 2013 2:56 pm

I just received an e-mai from IHG to confirm that my status will be valid until Dec 2014. Awesome!

scubaccr Oct 1, 2013 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by flrvt (Post 21536928)
I just received an e-mai from IHG to confirm that my status will be valid until Dec 2014. Awesome!

Article and IHG did say from 1st October onwards.

I only suggested wait a day until 2nd October as who knows which world timezone is trigger for the 1st October relaxing of status match expiry to give 15months instad of a poorly 3months.

At the time I was replying to an FTer thinking of matching during September, so I think my advice was good.

Nice to see a few other FTers spotted my post, and matched yesterday/today now we are in October, and that you are now happily having matched status until ... 31 Dec 2014

flrvt Oct 2, 2013 4:06 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21538942)
Article and IHG did say from 1st October onwards.

I only suggested wait a day until 2nd October as who knows which world timezone is trigger for the 1st October relaxing of status match expiry to give 15months instad of a poorly 3months.

I was just a little bit confused ;) Thank you very much for this advice btw!

kaell Oct 2, 2013 4:49 pm

pic of competitor card is enough for them?

troyhouse Oct 4, 2013 2:45 pm

Status matched with HHonors Gold, mentioned I will be traveling soon, request honored in virtually 30 mins. They gave me Platinum until Dec 2013, I emailed back, its only 3 months, can it be extended. Got reply back in 10 mins, that its extended till Dec 2014 now. Great service, really appreciate it.

scubaccr Oct 5, 2013 4:27 am

Originally Posted by travelisfree (Post 21536074)
IHG... you are that guy. :p

No I don't think IHG is the easiest to obtain status for, on the basis you can only status match once. Especially if you are USA resident, I would say Hilton is easiest due to continuously renewable free CC HH Gold status.

IHG does have one of the easiest status match, it s not a challenge, eg like HH,
++ you do not need to email output to show stay history the last 12months, I can see the point, why give HH Gold/Diamond to someone for almost 2years, from only 10stays, if said matchee will never stay enough to obtain again, who just wants freeload on status for 21months.

I think easiest status to obtain with actual stays maybe Hilton Gold ... 20 nights, if made as 20stays.
There is no way I know to get a meaningful hotel elite status with any other program for just 20nights?

I just started with multiple 1night Hilton stays (2 stays per each weekend) in October to hit that magic 20 stays (only 3 stays made earlier this year).

Dolphinyong Oct 5, 2013 10:52 am

I had a few stay in September and did a status match in September, valid till Dec 2013...zzz...

Any chance to extend the validity of the status match? Thanks.

flrvt Oct 6, 2013 2:32 am

You can always try.. Call them. It would make sense to ask for a status match extension if you have a lot of stays planned in the next year, so if that's the case you could explain that you didn't have the chance to re-qualify in 4 months, and that you want to re-qualify next year.

You could also say something like "A colleague just told me his status was matched until December 2014, is there any possibility I can get the same so I can re-qualify for Gold/Platinum next year?"

If you are lucky, they might just do it. But I doubt it. The operator is likely to refer to the T&C which states status matches are valid for the rest of the calendar year and not longer.

Guy Betsy Oct 11, 2013 3:31 am

I had two emails going back and forth with regards to the status match to Platinum. One said that my status is valid till end of 2014 but I must have the qualifying stays to keep the status by the end of 2013. I wrote back asking them to clarify.. and then I receive this ..

..Thank you for your reply,

Please be advised that your status will be valid until 31 December 2013. Towards the end of the year, your recorded stays will be evaluated.

However since your status was already upgraded to Platinum in the last quarter of 2013, we will extend your Platinum Elite status until 31 December 2014. Once your status has been downgraded, please call IHG Rewards Club Service center and refer to case number 3910xxxx.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,

Veronica U.
Account Manager
IHG Rewards Club
www.ihgrewardsclub.com

remymartin Feb 3, 2014 3:51 am

I matched to IHG Platinum on Christmas eve last year until the end of the 2014. As of today (or perhaps a few days ago) my account statement says I'm "Club" level. A glitch or was I forcefully downgraded?

kpc Feb 3, 2014 4:52 am

I emailed a status match request (based on my HHonors Diamond status) to [email protected] earlier today, and less than an hour later, received a +ve response^ Pretty impressed!!

Dear kpc,

Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We are pleased to inform you that your IHG Rewards Club membership level has been upgraded to Platinum. For your reference, below are the benefits accorded for Platinum members:

• All Club level member benefits, plus
• 50% point bonus on base points
• Priority Check-In
• Complimentary room upgrades available at check-in
• Guaranteed room availability (72 hours in advance)
• Access to the exclusive Platinum Elite Phone Number

We have ordered a new Platinum membership kit for you, which you shall receive within the next 2 to 4 weeks. Your membership level will be valid through the end of 2014. Please be informed that in order for you to retain your Platinum status, you have to accumulate at least 50 qualifying nights or earn 60,000 points in a calendar year. Otherwise, you will be downgraded to the next level of membership which will correspond to the amount of points or nights you have accumulated in 2014.

Further, please be informed that this process is a one time courtesy only and future requests will no longer be honored as the system will have a record of this exception.

For more information, please visit http://www.ihg.com.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,

remymartin Feb 3, 2014 5:25 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 22275552)
I matched to IHG Platinum on Christmas eve last year until the end of the 2014. As of today (or perhaps a few days ago) my account statement says I'm "Club" level. A glitch or was I forcefully downgraded?

It appears it was a glitch - IHG was faster than FT (35 mins to respond):

"Our record shows that your account was upgraded to Platinum on 24 December 2013 due to status match and should be valid until the end of 2014. Recently though, we discovered an issue that caused a number of IHG Rewards members to lose their current status. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We have now upgraded back your account into Platinum Elite status."