FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG Status Match Timescale (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1473311-ihg-status-match-timescale.html)

hunter186 Sep 10, 2013 12:42 pm

I just received a status match from IHG, using my HHonors Gold status.

I emailed [email protected] and had a response within minutes. We sent a couple emails back and forth, and the support coordinator offered a match to Platinum Elite (I'm assuming due to 50+ stays in Hiltons this year). The whole process took about 20 mins.

The status hasn't appeared in my account yet. Anybody know how long it takes?

FF#1 Sep 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Anybody that knows if it is possible to match really late in the year and get platinum for next year? Of has it to be done after new year?

At the home page for status match,they ask for stetement showing status and stay information. Will they put a lot of attention on my stays? (will use my BW Diamond and 90% of stays in EU)

scubaccr Sep 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by FF#1 (Post 21449416)
Anybody that knows if it is possible to match really late in the year and get platinum for next year? Of has it to be done after new year?

At the home page for status match,they ask for stetement showing status and stay information. Will they put a lot of attention on my stays? (will use my BW Diamond and 90% of stays in EU)

o IHG Status Match is only to 31st December.
o No if you Match in December, you just get 1month status. Better de;ay matching in a 4Qyy until January.

FF#1 Sep 15, 2013 11:22 pm

Thanks,

any body knows if you need to have a huge amount of stays at competitor to get the status match or if it is easy?

scubaccr Sep 16, 2013 5:14 am

Originally Posted by FF#1 (Post 21450988)
Thanks,

any body knows if you need to have a huge amount of stays at competitor to get the status match or if it is easy?

Status Match update ! IHG revising this process from 1st October.
1)Renewals after 1st October get to 31st december ++ the next calendar year
SO... wait until 2nd October

2)IHG are dropping their matches with Accor and Club Carlson, the easiest programs to get elite without staying any/many nights.

3)see Loyalty Lobby piece this week/yesterday on IHG Status Match changes
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/09/15/i...er-2013-update

FF#1 Sep 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21451951)
Status Match update ! IHG revising this process from 1st October.
1)Renewals after 1st October get to 31st december ++ the next calendar year
SO... wait until 2nd October

2)IHG are dropping their matches with Accor and Club Carlson, the easiest programs to get elite without staying any/many nights.

3)see Loyalty Lobby piece this week/yesterday on IHG Status Match changes
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/09/15/i...er-2013-update

Isn't it funny, I asked about it yesterday and today they make my wish come thru.

I will wait until 1 st of October and then i will match...

flrvt Oct 1, 2013 8:17 am

Okay so I waited until today to get my status matched, with success (I called and asked for the operator's personal e-mail, which she gave and handled the status match immediately).

When I asked about the duration of this status match she looked it up in the T&C and said it would be valid until Dec 31st and then I had to re-qualify for platinum.

When I said that I read it would carry on for the next calendar year she said there was a possibility that she couldn't confirm.

Can anyone confirm this? What is the source of this information?

EDIT: ok NOW I see that scubaccr recommended to wait until 2nd October. S%*t! Let's hope for the best..

EDIT 2: this article states that status matches from NOW on will be until Dec 2014. http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/10/01/i...1-2014-update/ It would be nice to get some confirmation from IHG though, I asked it on twitter.

rubbernyc Oct 1, 2013 11:58 am

Originally Posted by flrvt (Post 21534604)
Okay so I waited until today to get my status matched, with success (I called and asked for the operator's personal e-mail, which she gave and handled the status match immediately).

When I asked about the duration of this status match she looked it up in the T&C and said it would be valid until Dec 31st and then I had to re-qualify for platinum.

When I said that I read it would carry on for the next calendar year she said there was a possibility that she couldn't confirm.

Can anyone confirm this? What is the source of this information?

EDIT: ok NOW I see that scubaccr recommended to wait until 2nd October. S%*t! Let's hope for the best..

EDIT 2: this article states that status matches from NOW on will be until Dec 2014. http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/10/01/i...1-2014-update/ It would be nice to get some confirmation from IHG though, I asked it on twitter.

I submitted my request today and was upgraded within an hour to Platinum with expiration on Dec 2014.

travelisfree Oct 1, 2013 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21451951)

IHG... you are that guy. :p

flrvt Oct 1, 2013 2:56 pm

I just received an e-mai from IHG to confirm that my status will be valid until Dec 2014. Awesome!

scubaccr Oct 1, 2013 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by flrvt (Post 21536928)
I just received an e-mai from IHG to confirm that my status will be valid until Dec 2014. Awesome!

Article and IHG did say from 1st October onwards.

I only suggested wait a day until 2nd October as who knows which world timezone is trigger for the 1st October relaxing of status match expiry to give 15months instad of a poorly 3months.

At the time I was replying to an FTer thinking of matching during September, so I think my advice was good.

Nice to see a few other FTers spotted my post, and matched yesterday/today now we are in October, and that you are now happily having matched status until ... 31 Dec 2014

flrvt Oct 2, 2013 4:06 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21538942)
Article and IHG did say from 1st October onwards.

I only suggested wait a day until 2nd October as who knows which world timezone is trigger for the 1st October relaxing of status match expiry to give 15months instad of a poorly 3months.

I was just a little bit confused ;) Thank you very much for this advice btw!

kaell Oct 2, 2013 4:49 pm

pic of competitor card is enough for them?

troyhouse Oct 4, 2013 2:45 pm

Status matched with HHonors Gold, mentioned I will be traveling soon, request honored in virtually 30 mins. They gave me Platinum until Dec 2013, I emailed back, its only 3 months, can it be extended. Got reply back in 10 mins, that its extended till Dec 2014 now. Great service, really appreciate it.

scubaccr Oct 5, 2013 4:27 am

Originally Posted by travelisfree (Post 21536074)
IHG... you are that guy. :p

No I don't think IHG is the easiest to obtain status for, on the basis you can only status match once. Especially if you are USA resident, I would say Hilton is easiest due to continuously renewable free CC HH Gold status.

IHG does have one of the easiest status match, it s not a challenge, eg like HH,
++ you do not need to email output to show stay history the last 12months, I can see the point, why give HH Gold/Diamond to someone for almost 2years, from only 10stays, if said matchee will never stay enough to obtain again, who just wants freeload on status for 21months.

I think easiest status to obtain with actual stays maybe Hilton Gold ... 20 nights, if made as 20stays.
There is no way I know to get a meaningful hotel elite status with any other program for just 20nights?

I just started with multiple 1night Hilton stays (2 stays per each weekend) in October to hit that magic 20 stays (only 3 stays made earlier this year).