Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum - How Late was Your Late Check Out?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Just checking for Plat AMB, would IC Hong Kong Hotel be kind enough to extend late check-out till 6pm?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Hotel Indigo Toronto told me 2 PM was standard for all elite levels.

Actually used it a month or so ago, although I typically check out at 7 AM on my last day (then work all day and take the late flight home).
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
The latest check-out without paying extra was 9pm at CP Gurgaon in India. Back then I was only a platinum member. I happened to sit down and speak quite a lot with the marketing manager there one evening over drinks, so when it was time for me to leave I emailed him and asked if it would be possible and he approved it.

Another thing I like is at IC Dubai you are allowed to use the club lounge after check-out. Since alot of flights are very late and after midnight etc, I've spent time in the lounge until closing and then left to the airport. I've done that at other ICs too, but I've usually had to ask several times, while at IC Dubai there is never any question. I just show up, ask in the lounge and it's always "of course!".
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qantas Platinum, United S
Yesterday at CP Queenstown, during the night I called the reception, and the guy offered me 12pm late check out, and informed me 11am is the normal check out time.

I told him usually I can get 4pm at other IHG locations, he said they don't do this, and offered me 12:30pm.

I asked him what the hotel's late check out policy is for platinum members, he said usually 1pm. I asked why I don't get that as a platinum member, he said OK, 1pm.

The guy is probably from India based on his English, and he is used to haggling?

This morning, I walked to the reception and saw the nice Kiwi lady who checked me in. She gave me 2pm based on what they usually do.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I expect standard to be 2PM unless they are fully booked.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qantas Platinum, United S
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
+1

If the first guy told me the hotel is fully booked, I would understand.

Instead, I think he was just being mean and meager.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
+2
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I never go beyond 2.30pm at CP/HI and always ask for it (never an issue).
And 4.30pm at ICs as RA (sometimes offerred without asking until 6pm, which is convenient if you want to have a shower before going at the airport).
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
As others have said, it's 'officially' 2pm but I've had a 4pm check-out at IC Moscow with no issues - all down to how busy the hotel is and who is on reception.

I think it would be pretty tricky to get a check-out beyond 18:00 as there may not be many housekeeping staff around and guests will have been checking in by then so they want the rooms cleaned well before then.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
6pm at IC Manila, IC Singapore and CP Changi(Singapore). Twice was offer to stay at club lounge until 10-11pm before heading to airport.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Reservation Comments - Just Ask

If you want late checkout just type it in the special request comments i.e.
"late checkout 2:00pm for IHG Plat"
Then if they ask you anything, refer them to the "notes in the computer."
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:39 am

I probably own the record for this. 8am the next day. Special treatment from the manager after a long stay and my flight got cancelled.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Delta GM, Avis P+
Date: August 2016 (thursday night)
Elite Status: Spire
Standard check out time: 11AM
Late check out time: 6PM

My trip was cut short, so I went back to the hotel after work and asked for a receipt. She removed the charge for that night and effectively gave me a 6PM checkout without any haggling. I'm sure housekeeping was gone, so that room sat vacant, I was impressed. Work was going to pay for it either way, but I was expecting to at least need to ask for that late of a checkout.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Most of the time (with of course exception of ICs thnaks to RA status), late check-out at 2.30pm with no issue (just a call at reception) + early check-in before 10 am possible in 90% of the cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.