Wiki Posts
Search

I am in someone elses account

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
I am in someone elses account

I went to the PC website. I did not sign in to my account. However I am in someones account and have access to their account number. What should I do. IF I just call PC then they will deny this ever happens. I feel it needs to be documented so that when it happens to others they do not get run around from PC.
I cannot access their personal information as when I try to go o that screen it asks for my password. Nor can I book a room in their name but I am not trying to hard to hack the account

Is someone wants to post or PM please give me ideas. I am taking screen shots.

Last edited by darben; Mar 9, 2013 at 2:30 pm
Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Whose computer are you in?
is it in an airport or somewhere
if so they they have not signed out and no you can do nothing without the password
Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Clear cookies.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

I am in my home computer to which no one else signs in. I am on a private network. I clear cookies as I sign out of firefox.
I went to PC website to look at the points breaks hotels and when I got to the first screen the MEMBER number and password areas where blank. When I clicked on United States up came another persons name account number points balance. I did nothing to cause this and everything was fine when I went to PC site last night
I think this is a PC anomaly
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:12 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by darben
I am in my home computer to which no one else signs in. I am on a private network. I clear cookies as I sign out of firefox.
I went to PC website to look at the points breaks hotels and when I got to the first screen the MEMBER number and password areas where blank. When I clicked on United States up came another persons name account number points balance. I did nothing to cause this and everything was fine when I went to PC site last night
I think this is a PC anomaly
I have had this happen also. I logged out and back in to my account. Pretty scary if the wrong person gets into someone else's account.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Shouldn't we document these occurrences somehow? There are other threads that talk about how reservations where made without the account holders knowledge.
Could this be the mechanism!
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:48 am
uk1
Suspended

Shouldn't we document these occurrences somehow? There are other threads that talk about how reservations where made without the account holders knowledge.
Could this be the mechanism!
Why not take a full set of screen shots and write down balances stays etc ie any identifying marks and then make contact with the owner via the logged email address and work with him to bring it to PC's attention. If you are in the UIK you can bring it to the attention of the Information Commissioner's office as a breach of Data Protection explaining to them the history.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uk1
Why not take a full set of screen shots and write down balances stays etc ie any identifying marks and then make contact with the owner via the logged email address and work with him to bring it to PC's attention. If you are in the UIK you can bring it to the attention of the Information Commissioner's office as a breach of Data Protection explaining to them the history.
I do not live in the UK but I will send information commissioner the screen shots

and let them handle as IHG is a UK Company.
Great idea.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:07 am
uk1
Suspended

I do not live in the UK but I will send information commissioner the screen shots

and let them handle as IHG is a UK Company.
Great idea.
Great.

The reason why this is a good approach that once logged and investigated, it gives IC no source of excuse for any member losses and errors or denials for anyPC members seeking redress. They are simply not addressing these issues.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: You name it 😉
This has happened to me too on my home computer. I was actually signed into my account. After I entered the dates and city of my reservation I realized that the member name and number was not mine. I did take a screen shot of the page and would appreciate any information on who I can contact in the US.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dineaux
This has happened to me too on my home computer. I was actually signed into my account. After I entered the dates and city of my reservation I realized that the member name and number was not mine. I did take a screen shot of the page and would appreciate any information on who I can contact in the US.
I would contact the IHG Privacy Office in Atlanta, followed by TRUSTe if no response is received:
"InterContinental Hotels Group
Attn: Privacy Office
Three Ravinia Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30346
Phone: 1-770-604-8347
Fax: 1-770-604-5275
Email: [email protected]

If satisfactory response or resolution is not received within a reasonable timeframe, TRUSTe is available as a contact. Please see additional information at TRUSTe Watchdog Dispute Resolution Process. TRUSTe will serve as a liaison with the Web site to resolve user concerns."
From IHG Privacy Statement: http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...vacy_statement
Old Mar 10, 2013, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

sent

Sent info to UK Information Privacy office along with screen shots. I urge everyone else to whom this happens to send screen shots and form to the same place. The more received the better. The form took less than 5 minutes to fill in.
I have also sent info to IHG privacy office. I will keep the thread updated when/if I hear anything

Last edited by darben; Mar 10, 2013 at 6:27 pm Reason: add
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:57 am
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
Dear darben,

We sorry for the problem you have encountered. In the future, please click the "Feedback" icon located at the bottom right side of the page. Within the form, please utilize the "Page Error" option on the drop down menu. These form will route directly to our programming team for investigation. In the meantime, we have reached out to "darben" to obtain additional information.

Sincerely,

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Contact the following

Originally Posted by dineaux
I emailed the privacy office for IHG at
[email protected]
In addition I contacted the IHG customer care at the email they supplied me and hopefully will supply you by PM.
If they do not please PM them

1550 EST
Just got a response from the IHG privacy office via email and their response was
"Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I have forwarded
your email to Priority Club Rewards."

I guess the privacy office is not interested in doing anything about this.

Last edited by darben; Mar 11, 2013 at 1:59 pm
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Also had the same happen to me today at work and i was not even logged into my account.
Was searching for a hotel, with my PC # number saved in the login box. I had not logged in as was just searching rates. Some Gold members data then appeared, name, number, balance.
When i went to manage account it reverted back to my login screen and PC number.

Really concerned if this can happen when not even logged in!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.