Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Express NYC - Herald Square 36th St

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Holiday Inn Express NYC - Herald Square 36th St

Brand new property that just opened on January 31st, 2013.

Anyone been there yet? or booked a stay coming up?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Brand new property that just opened on January 31st, 2013.

Anyone been there yet? or booked a stay coming up?
No, but over Christmas, our family stayed at the nearby 31st St. Holiday Inn which we really enjoyed--another new hotel. Herald Square is an easily accessible area. I look forward to hearing about the HIEx.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: SQ
I stayed here for one night a couple of weeks ago. Room with 2 doubles was large enough, and everything was clean and new. Good selection of TV channels, and internet was working fine.

Was allowed to check in at 10:30, and was given some various snacks and water bottles as a Plat amenity. Staff were quite inexperienced, but were extremely eager to work hard and impress the guests!

Bathroom was small, with no bathtub as expected - If I remember correctly, the amenities weren't actually the 2-in-1's but something decent enough to use!

The location itself is kind of dull, but very convenient. Walking distance to Times Square if you're into that, as well as very close to Penn Station. There is no view absolutely from the rooms, but the location is safe and quiet.

Would certainly stay here again if I was looking for affordability and convenience. At 20k points a night it's now the best value in NYC with PC.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the review! Did you booked a non-view 2 double bed?
Do you remember what your room number end with by any chance?

Great to see they let you checked in by 1030am!
Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:41 pm

I don't remember the # - it was on the 6th floor, either 603 or 604.

I don't think you'll get a view, even from the higher floors.

Booked on points, called the hotel directly to modify reservation to 2 beds since it was unavailable online
Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

According to some reviews on TripAdvisor....seems like people had a nice view of the Empire State Building. But being such a new hotel....guess there isn't much pictures/reviews yet.

So you booked a King / Standard Room and then just called the hotel directly to change it into a 2 double bed reservation? Cause the dates I'm looking at right now....that would save me $36.1+tax/night....for a week.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:31 pm

If there is a view it will have to be from floors 15 and up, because there are high buldings about 15 stories all around.

I called them and asked them to change it and it showed up on the reservation pretty quickly if not immediately. The beds are actually doubles too, unlike some HIXs.

It's a good hotel if you go into it with reasonable expectations, after all it is a HIX...
Old Mar 13, 2013, 1:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Was allowed to check in at 10:30, and was given some various snacks and water bottles as a Plat amenity. Staff were quite inexperienced, but were extremely eager to work hard and impress the guests!
How many nights did you stay there?

Were these various snacks/water bottles only upon arrival? Or everyday?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Would certainly stay here again if I was looking for affordability and convenience. At 20k points a night it's now the best value in NYC with PC.
i agree....ever since the candlewood suites jumped a couple of categories, this is without a doubt the best value for points in nyc....have a 2 night stay booked here in june....
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
At 20k points a night it's now the best value in NYC with PC.
not anymore....its gone up to 35k points....
Old Apr 24, 2013, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Currently staying here on a two-night 20K/night award. Very nice and typical of these infill type HIXs/Candlewood Suites in the city. This is the newest, so the best designed rooms with lots of electrical outlets, particularly by the bed. Little wear showing as yet. There are eight rooms on each floor and 18 floors of rooms. Rooms are small but quite functional. I was given an upgrade to a "room with a view" on the 18th floor (there's a 19th) looking out on the Empire State Building, probably the best views from the building (01/02 and 07/08 have this view). Breakfast is typical HIX, and though crowded from 8a onward there seemed to be enough tables and churn that nobody was left standing, looking for a place to sit.

Came in from LGA and took M60 bus to Lexington and the 4,5,6 line to Grand Central, walked over to Madison and took the M4 down to Herald Square, getting off in front of Macy's and walking up 6th Avenue two blocks to 36th. Hotel is on the south side of the street between 6th and 5th. (Two doors down from a new Hyatt Place.) I'm heading out from JFK so will walk over to Penn Station to catch the A train tomorrow. (You can also take the M4 bus from Broadway and MLK Blvd but it winds through the west side before crossing over to 5th Avenue and heading further downtown. Also can bus through Queens to the N,Q,R lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.