Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC BOGO Not Collected But...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
IC BOGO Not Collected But...

Stayed at an IC recently on BOGO and the hotel did not collect the cert at check in.

At check out I presented the cert without them asking, and told them they forgot to collect my cert.

The check in lady thanked me but that was it. She then presented me with a bill that had a charge for in room movie which I had to explain my RA benefit to get it removed, and also for a can of sprite from the minibar which in the end was "removed on a one time exception"

There was no "how was your stay?" or anything that made me feel like I was a guest.

Was I an idiot to give up my BOGO cert? Cause it certainly feels like it!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:12 am
uk1
Suspended

No.

The way your luck was going they would have charged your card for the second night due to your "failure" to present them with the cert.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Weird experience .Sounds like untrained staff
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I think I would have checked the bill and if the second night had been deducted said nothing and left lol
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
The same happened me once (without in-room movie thou). I'm an honest guy but I too felt a bit like an idiot anyway for giving them the BOGO without being asked.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:48 am

Yes, you are an idiot...

And "removed on a one time exception"?? I'd be pissed..
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by lsed
Stayed at an IC recently on BOGO and the hotel did not collect the cert at check in.

At check out I presented the cert without them asking, and told them they forgot to collect my cert.

Was I an idiot to give up my BOGO cert? Cause it certainly feels like it!
Was the certificate number given when you made your reservation? And as others have said, I would have waited to see what was on your bill first. Were the extra room charges noticed before you gave the certificate, or afterwards?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
They never take the certificate number from me, and i have booked through res as well(then again nothing is standard at IC)...... They have forgotten on me as well and then called up later. Once you check out, and the bill only has a single night, you would be fine, hard for then to say something after checkout and final settlement.

Although it would come up when accounting settles, as they attach it to the paperwork. so, is it worth the call ect, asking if you provided it.....honesty is still the best.
When a cashier hands you back to much change, do you keep it?? I dont, as they are responsible....thats the way I feel about this. Mistakes happen, and we are treated well, so do the right thing. If I had a miserable stay, maybe i would feel otherwise.....

Last edited by shawntobi; Dec 21, 2012 at 11:10 am
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by shawntobi
They never take the certificate number from me, and i have booked through res as well(then again nothing is standard at IC)...... They have forgotten on me as well and then called up later. Once you check out, and the bill only has a single night, you would be fine, hard for then to say something after checkout and final settlement.

Although it would come up when accounting settles, as they attach it to the paperwork. so, is it worth the call ect, asking if you provided it.....honesty is still the best.
When a cashier hands you back to much change, do you keep it?? I dont, as they are responsible....thats the way I feel about this. Mistakes happen, and we are treated well, so do the right thing. If I had a miserable stay, maybe i would feel otherwise.....
Besides, if IHG finds out about it, they will make a permanent mark on your record...just like high school. Could mean the difference between a state college and an elite university.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Was the certificate number given when you made your reservation? And as others have said, I would have waited to see what was on your bill first. Were the extra room charges noticed before you gave the certificate, or afterwards?
Nope not given when I made the reservation. And I handed over the cert the min I spoke to the agent. After that she proceeded with her indifferent attitude

Originally Posted by shawntobi

Yes I will point out I received too much in return.
However in this instance the stay was average, plus I was not informed of certain benefits until it was too late in my stay - it's the Venetian so not a regular IC.

Furthermore they changed the rules so when switching from Palazzo to V it's still counted as the same stay for minibar, movies, but they still post as 2 separate stays on the PC account, and they send you amenity baskets twice.

Originally Posted by 513263337
Yes, you are an idiot...

And "removed on a one time exception"?? I'd be pissed..
If I do go back to those ICs, I will BRG the **** out of them, guzzle the champagne in the lounge, and have a $100 minibar credit every alternate day, and gamble at the Wynn in case I lose! Lol

Also if you had to choose, just stay at the Palazzo. Especially if you have been to Venice or Italy.

Mods please feel free to close this thread, just needed to rant =)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:15 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
BOGO not collected sounds like UA red spots, the paper SWUs that were rarely collected and could be used again & again? (I think they were called red spots).

Sounds like an FTer gray area, some will say idiot should have kept the BOGO and used again, others will draw the righteous T&C line.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:30 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
BOGO not collected sounds like UA red spots, the paper SWUs that were rarely collected and could be used again & again? (I think they were called red spots).

Sounds like an FTer gray area, some will say idiot should have kept the BOGO and used again, others will draw the righteous T&C line.
They were called "Sweet Spots" and it was very sweet when they were not collected (or in one case, not collected on 4 different trips )
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie

I don't see it as a grey area at all; can I get away wihout paying is not something that comes into gray to me

I can imagine the righteous indignation of a thread that would be started if guest chose not to volunteer the voucher and then was charged both nights at the ambassador weekend rate.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:58 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goalie
They were called "Sweet Spots" ...
thanks, I didn't think red spot was correct.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I don't see it as a grey area at all; can I get away wihout paying is not something that comes into gray to me.
With a handle like Dave Noble, I would expect nothing else from you^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.