Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Paris property

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2002, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Which Paris property

Headed to Paris for thankgiving week. Will be going with gfriend to do tourist thing and romantic getaway. Which IC property do y'all recommend? I'm basically going to stay at IC or Paris Marriott? Any comments. TIA
Old Nov 6, 2002, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Which IC? I prefer the IC Paris to the Grande, but can't compare either to the Marriott. Both ICs have history and character.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 6:37 am

Like Shareholder, I too prefer the IC Paris. I've been upgraded the last five times I've been there, once from a superior room to an Executive Suite on the top floor, overlooking the Tuilleries.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 8:00 am

Another vote for the IC Paris, which has never disappointed me in the past 25 years. The Grand, as of last year, was in sore need of a renovation.

I also like the IC's location much better than the Marriott, as the Champs-Elyses are rather too popular IMHO.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I believe the Grand IS being renovated-- I think I read until April 2003.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 7:25 pm

I checked on the Inter-conti site and made up a date: June 22 2003. Rates were given. Maybe it really is remaining open--I hope so--my stays there always have been what I'd best describe as "sweet." It's a delightful hotel in a great location.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 7:26 pm

Sorry--this should be in the London IC/Mayfair posting. I must be overdosing on turkey already!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.