Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

the Dual SCCS / Platinum membership: finally arrived (march-18-2002)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2002, 3:14 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus

* New Six Continents Club card (with added text: Platinum Priority Club), same SCCS number as before, same (no extended) expiry date as old card (06/02)
* additional complimentary Weekend night certificate
* letter, signed Barbara Keane, Director, Six Continents Club, Service Centre, Bristol BS38 7BL, United Kingdom, Fax (44) 117 971 9421, email: [email protected]
* Six Contionents Club 'leaflet' mentioning some benefits at InterConti and Forum hotels:
** 2'000 points + 2'000 Platinum bonus points per qualifying stay at InterContinental Hotels and Resorts, at 'other' Six Continental hotel brands, earn 10 points per US$ plus 50% Platinum bonus.
** Upgrade to 'superior' room
** Single rate for double occupancy
** Late check-out (4PM)
** Fresh fruit and mineral water awaiting your arrival
** One free Pay TV movie per stay

* at Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Express by Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge hotels and resorts:
** 50% bonus points earned
* extended check-out 2PM

Note that whilst you can earn Priority Club points or miles on qualifying rates at any Six Continents Hotel property, the Six Continents Club membership privileges only apply at Inter-Continental and Forumn destinations. Room towars your Executive or Ambassador level, will therefore only be tracked at Inter-Continental and Forum hotels.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for the details, Rudi. Is the "Priority Club" printed on the card, or just embossed like the account number and name?

Hmmm, wonder if those of us who were PC members are also getting the regular PC kit and card with our old status?

Nice to see they are giving double points as the Plat bonus for stays at IC and Forums [Fora]. That explains why I had a mysterious additional 4K added under "IC adjustment" for two stays I had earlier this year. They retroactively gave me Plat bonus credit due to the screw up.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 11:56 am

Programs: *G SPG Platinum
I also got a SCC card today. Just signed up about 3 weeks ago.

My card does not say anything about Platinum Priority Club, but it says in the enclosed leaflets that Rudi is mentioning.

I already had a PC card from before, but just a normal basic one. Maybe I will get a seperate PPC?

By the way - when I signed up - they charged the US$135 twice - with 14 days inbetween. Just noticed on my online Creditcard statement. I e-mailed them, and they replied me within a day;

Dear Mr. _____

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Service Centre regarding the status of your membership in the Six Continents Club.

Regrettably, an error on our part has occurred in the management of your Six Continents Club membership. We understand that we have charged your MasterCard twice the enrolment fee of US$135. Please be rest assured that we have refunded the US$135 to your MasterCard account.

Mr ____, guest satisfaction is of course critical to the success of the Six Continents Club and our constant aim is to provide our members with a service that is second to none. With our deepest apologies to do so on this occasion, comes the sincere hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you again at Inter-Continental Hotels in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Gemma Skuse
Service Centre
Six Continents Club

[This message has been edited by Norway_Asia (edited 03-18-2002).]
Old Mar 18, 2002, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You will not automatically have your two accounts merged. So you need to contact SCC with your PC account number and information, then they will reissue your new card with the type Rudi is talking about. [And you'll get another 2nd weekend night free certificate!]

Best to "Reply" to the person who wrote you the posted email, noting you just became aware of this offer. Give her your PC number, and your new SCC one, and request the "merging" of accounts.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 12:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
You will not automatically have your two accounts merged. So you need to contact SCC with your PC account number and information, then they will reissue your new card with the type Rudi is talking about. [And you'll get another 2nd weekend night free certificate!]

Best to "Reply" to the person who wrote you the posted email, noting you just became aware of this offer. Give her your PC number, and your new SCC one, and request the "merging" of accounts.
</font>
Shareholder - thanks a lot! - I did not know about that. I will try - and see what happens!

Old Mar 21, 2002, 2:33 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Did anybody yet use their new SCC/PC Plat Combo-Card at a HI or CP hotel succesfully?

Since I have the card 2 HI's I stayed with could do nothing with this card and asked for the PC-Membership number (which is not on the Combo-Card...).

And it seems not to be possible to enter the SCC number into bookings via HI / CP Online...

So what is this Combo-Card for...?
Old Mar 21, 2002, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I too have wondered about this. My PC number and account is still active, and of course does not appear to be linked to the SCC number and account. Given the problems I have had getting any IC stays credited in the past to the PC account, dare I confuse issues by presenting two separate cards at check-in?

And to make matters worse, PC sent out the 2002 renewal cards at the end of 2001 to those of us who requalified for Gold. Are we now going to get a new card plus the SCC card, which in my case will expire in May and require yet a fourth card! A great example of British efficiency and planning...
Old Mar 24, 2002, 10:05 pm

Does this work for just Platinum Priority Club Members or Regular Priority Club Members as well (if so, I just call them and merge my Six Continents Club Card with my Priority Club card and get another free night?) Any help is appreciated!
Old Mar 25, 2002, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the offer was an incentive to get accounts merged, so if you hold both PC and SCC, then contact the SCC office about merging the two accounts and you should get your free weekend night coupon.
Old Apr 9, 2002, 6:07 am

Rudi & Shareholder; Thanks!

After getting the "normal SCC package" with 1 free Weekend-night, I contacted them to apply for the "Combo-card".

After some back-and-forth, they said OK, and today I got it in the mail - again with a "Free weekend-night certificate".

And on top of that - I don't know why - I got ANOTHER identical "SCC" card (without Platinum text) - AND a Free night certificate.....

So my status so far since January;
Spent about US$700 for 9 nights stays, mainly in Interconti Stuttgart (€100), Interconti Johannesburg Airport(€65) and some HolidayInn's (around €70) and paid $135 for the SCC membership card I have;

3 Free nights (Stay 3 - get 1) at IC
3 Free Weekend Certificates at IC
1 Free IC - based on the PC miles
-------------------------------------
7 nights totally
=====================================

And I will try to use most of it for InterConti Hong Kong (lowest rack-rate around $250-300/night)

Thanks!

Old Apr 9, 2002, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Norway_Asia: Glad to hear of your bounty. I am still awaiting my card/coupon package, but noticed when checking into an HI on the weekend, my folio was notated PLATINUM. No upgrade or special benefit other than a half-off breakfast coupon which my non-elite business colleague did not get.

BTW: You don't need to use the free weekend night coupon with a rack rate. That's one of the nicer things about these bonus awards: you can book any rate, even the lowest internet or Leisure or Business Options rates, and you get the second night free, including whatever benefits that go with your original rate paid.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finally got my new dual card today. Of course, the number is my SCC account number, and not my pre-existing active PC account number [which shows Platinum on the web site and on my check-in folios]. So which number should I use? Guess I should call PC and see if they will transfer the old account to the new number...
Old Apr 12, 2002, 2:15 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I got the answer that you will have to keep both numbers/cards (there are fields for both numbers in the online reservation now) as long as the two programms coexist. The printed 'Priority Club Platinum' on your SCC card is only for information purpose.

Holiday Inns can't do a thing with the SCC 'double purpose' card in my experiance...

I don't understand this concept but it seems we have to live with that for some time...
Old Apr 12, 2002, 3:48 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
you will have to keep both numbers/cards

I have only my InterConti-SCSS-card with only the old SCSS number (and the Platinum membership mentioned/imprinted). I was not a Priority Club member before).

I also noted that Holiday Inn receptionist can't enter my SCSS number (it seems that the SCSS number 'misses' one N compared to a normal Priority Number). So I always have to send in my Holiday-Inn-stay documents for proper credit (this works after a 2-3 weeks delay).

I can, online, now see my account if I enter through the InterConti homepage (with the SCSS number) - I can't get access to the account through the Reward homepage (there I get the error message that one N is missing).
Old Apr 12, 2002, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You gotta believe this is a British company. They have captured that cliché of the British inability to get it right. Didn't they think this thing through and realize this would happen. Then they don't even tell us what we need to do in the interim! Thanks for the elite status, but really...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.