Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking moved from Palazzo to Venetian

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Booked a Prestige King Siena Suite at the Palazzo as an RA some months ago, also showing move to 2 Queen Bella Suite at the Venetian (a very significant downgrade). Confirmed with Palazzo that they have the right details but IC is clearly showing the wrong details and the IC iPhone App doesn't display this booking at all even when I search for it.

There are clearly significant IT issues between the property and ICHG systems.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I had an email from my Palazzo contact confirming that having investigated they are now aware of a system issue between IHG and the Venetian/Palazzo and are working on trying to solve it but that everything shows OK at the Palazzo end.

I am tempted to go back and ask them for the reservation number they use in their own system as an additional means of checking.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:43 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I had an email from my Palazzo contact confirming that having investigated they are now aware of a system issue between IHG and the Venetian/Palazzo and are working on trying to solve it but that everything shows OK at the Palazzo end.

I am tempted to go back and ask them for the reservation number they use in their own system as an additional means of checking.
Except I don't think that there is any way to check the booking on-line using their res number. I have both my Venetian/Palazzo booking numbers, but there doesn't seem to be any facility to log in to them on their website.

Personally, I have given up worrying about it now - I have it confirmed by email that all is ok, and I have also spoken to a res manager who has also confirmed it's ok. I'll report back after my stay in a couple of weeks.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Changed from Palazzo to Venetian in the middle of the night...

Yep, this happened to me as well. My Palazzo booking was changed to Venetian, in addition to some other minor changes such as room type and rate. I also had another 1 night Palazzo booking made via their website, but later added my PC number, and on the PC website, it was listed as a Venetian booking.

I called both PC and IC, but neither were able to help, and only re-directed to Palazzo. Not feeling the RA love at all.

Speaking to Palazzo, they didn't understand either, but to them, both bookings were in order, and were for the Palazzo. I received confirmations for both bookings from the Palazzo using Palazzo conf numbers. I think it should be ok, despite what the PC website says.

However, I was planning on submitting this stay for their current $75 Vacation Pay promo, and may end up with issues getting it fulfilled...
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:37 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Same problem here
Waiting to hear from you guys whats the easiest way to settle this
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Hmm, several months ago I had reserved one night at each (partly for minibar purposes, I will admit), and they switched my second night from the Venetian to the Palazzo so I wouldn't have to move--they would have switched it back if I insisted, but as I prefer the Palazzo in any case, and don't love Moet, I decided to just stay there.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by lsed
Same problem here
Waiting to hear from you guys whats the easiest way to settle this
Call the Palazzo directly and verify that your reservation with them looks good. Write down the Palazzo confirmation number and use it from now on when you call to add your Grazie or check up on anything.

I had no problems with my reservation. From the day I booked to the day I arrived, it looked totally messed up on the Intercontinental website. I called the Palazzo twice between booking and getting to Vegas and both times everything looked as I expected on their end.

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. If you need to modify or cancel your reservation that might bring up some problems, but otherwise you should be good to go.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
*sigh*

My booking has moved also to the Venetian, from the Palazzo. Firing off an email to them now.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 7:02 am

Same problem. Checking in today and after reading about this here i checked my reservation:
It has changed from King Suite at the Palazzo to a Queen Suite at the Venetion.
Called their number directly. First agent was completely clueless and sounded like in an outsourced location on a different planet. Asked for supervisor. Was dumped to the switchboard. Explained and they connected me to somebody who immediately knew what the problem was.
She told me a few guests had the same problem, it is a glitch at the IHG system and their system still shows my original reservation.
She also told me as RA i can use the 'invited guests' check in.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Same problem. Checking in today and after reading about this here i checked my reservation:
It has changed from King Suite at the Palazzo to a Queen Suite at the Venetion.
Called their number directly. First agent was completely clueless and sounded like in an outsourced location on a different planet. Asked for supervisor. Was dumped to the switchboard. Explained and they connected me to somebody who immediately knew what the problem was.
She told me a few guests had the same problem, it is a glitch at the IHG system and their system still shows my original reservation.
She also told me as RA i can use the 'invited guests' check in.
As an RA you can use the VIP check in at the Palazzo. It's in its own room to the right of the main check in and is also one entrance to the VIP lounge.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 4:11 pm

I am somewhat relieved to read I am not the only person who saw the switch to "Venetian Bella" in lieu of Palazzo (anything with a King Bed) ....when I called IC Ambassador # to question they put me on hold to call the hotel, then advised everything is fine, the Palazzo shows we are at the Palazzo and the two systems just are not in sync . I will call the Palazzo directly prior to our Sept 13 arrival.
Now my question for you more experienced travelers is ....would you know what kind of Upgrade might be offered to a regular Ambassador who is not a royal Ambassador? I appreciate the insights from this forum - thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Booking moved from Palazzo to Venetian

I've checked into the Palazzo today - my PC reservation had changed to a Bella at the Venetian but there was no question on check-in (and thanks to this thread, I hadn't got too worried). This is my third time here as an Amb - upgrade always to a view version of what was booked, with a view to Treasure Island, up the strip to Mirage/Caesar's or the other way to Trump.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by medskis
Now my question for you more experienced travelers is ....would you know what kind of Upgrade might be offered to a regular Ambassador who is not a royal Ambassador? I appreciate the insights from this forum - thanks!
Hi Medskis

When I went a couple weeks ago, I got an upgrade from a Luxury Suite, to a Fortuna Suite, which was a two level upgrade rather than the usual one. However we were staying on our anniversary, but it was most appreciated. Some hotels do squat on anniversary stays.

In the future, there is a thread dedicated to Ambassador stay reviews here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...periences.html

I wish that thread would be stickied, but anyway, you can search it to find stays by other members with reviews and recommendations etc.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sorry to tag onto this thread, but it looked like the most appropriate one. I have the issue that I can't even get a reservation made at the Palazzo. Everything works fine from room selection over credit card details until I confirm the t&c's and reservation for booking. Then I get a message that the selected room category is not available.

However, regardless of what room category I select none is available even though they are all initially shown after doing the hotel search. Anyone experienced something similar? Trying to book a Luxury Suite for Jan 1-3 2013 on paid rate (currently showing 149 USD which I thought was quite decent considering RA benefits etc.).
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:36 pm

Arriving Thursday

I just called the "Resort Services" desk for "Venetian / Palazzo" Resort to confirm our Thursday arrival, having been one of those reservations made via the IC Ambassador rep which shows as Venetian/Bella/2 Queens vs the requested Palazzo / King (regular suite). They confirmed they have our reservation and "special occasion notes" and are expecting us at the Palazzo with upgrade to Luxury View / king.
Can't wait to get there ..................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.