Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Geneva: How bad is it really?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Recent three night stay.
Arrived to check-in: was told hotel was full so not upgraded (am Diamond)...but instead of having lounge access OR points, I could have both, I said fine. When I asked if I was meant to have breakfast in the lounge, I was answered in the affirmative, but I didn't specifically ask if I could have breakfast in the restaurant (it's not clear to me if this is explicit in the new Diamond benefits). As it happens, since I was in town for work and needed to leave early in the mornings, I didn't really have time for a leisurely breakfast anyway.

Room: small but clean. Bathroom very much on the small side. The tv is tiny, but I didn't use it. Lounge: small, food offerings in the morning: bread, eggs, sausages, rosti (but poor quality), ham, smoked salmon, cheese and jam. Good coffee from a machine. Fresh juices. Does the trick, just about. I did pop in the for daily 'happy hour' my arrival night: very light hot hors d'oeuvres, but I was so tired, it was fine. I did eat at the hotel restaurant "seventy5" two nights. Food is very pretty, but the actual execution was not that great. Prices typical for GVA (i.e. high) but not nosebleed.

I never did receive the welcome points as promised, but can't be bothered to chase since it's 'his word against mine'..

Location is close to the airport, but although it's close enough to walk, it's not a pleasant route: there is a free shuttle bus every 20 minutes to/from the hotel. One gets free bus pass on check-in and the GVA bus system is pretty decent.

Overall: it does the job of a business hotel. Would not recommend for a leisure stay, but one could make it work if needs must.

tb
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Maybe it’s time to change the Thread title into "Crowne Plaza Geneva [Master Thread]"?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
We were there this summer for a night- Diamond on award stay. Didn’t get a club level upgrade but was happy enough with the breakfast benefit at Le Jardin and enjoyed that they had the terrace open for dining then. It hit the right spot for price/value on the trip and I could see going back there. Room size seemed decent but then we started out that trip with a night at a Motel One and anything after that was going to seem big in comparison.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: United, SPG, Marriott
Question re sofa in CP king premium rooms

My husband, son and I will stay in Geneva one night in late July before flying home to US after a trip in Europe. I’m deciding between the Nash Suites, Geneva Marriott, or the CP. My son is 6’3; does anyone know if the L-shaped sofa in the king premium room at the CP would be too short and uncomfortable to sleep on? Not sure if rollaways are an option; tried writing the hotel on their “contact us” page, but no one has responded.😞
Old Jun 28, 2023, 11:49 am

Which email did you use? I find multiple ones: e.g. [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] ... You can also message them on FB (https://www.facebook.com/CrownePlazaGeneva/) or call them (+41 22 710 30 29)
Old Jul 1, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: United, SPG, Marriott
Thanks for the email addresses; I had filled out their online contact form rather than emailing them. But after posting my message here on FT, I realized I had an email address from a previously canceled reservation ([email protected]) so used that and was able to reach a very kind staff member who subsequently helped me to book my reservation. We are opting for a rollaway bed despite the cost (80CHF!) since they told us that the sofa is not a convertible style. Looking forward to our stay.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:48 am

Anyone know how early the Shuttle to the airport runs... Looking at booking at 6:35am flight and the Holiday Inn shuttle doesn't start till 6am.... Doesn't mention hours on the CP site.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 2:37 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston
Anyone know how early the Shuttle to the airport runs... Looking at booking at 6:35am flight and the Holiday Inn shuttle doesn't start till 6am.... Doesn't mention hours on the CP site.
If the hotel shuttle is not leaving early enough for your flight, you can always take the public bus, line 10 to the airport. It takes about 5min to get there and you should have a travel pass from the hotel that allows to ride public transports during your stay for free (including check-in and check-out days).

https://www.tpg.ch/sites/default/fil...tourjvil01.pdf

This is the schedule of the bus 10, which stops almost in front of the CP.
the810, HadesNL and beachmouse like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:16 pm

Thanks for that... Figure if flying swiss biz to greece, even the second bus should be enough time... But in that case for just a 12 hour stay, would probably just stay at the Hoiday Inn since it is closer to the tram to go into town, and like 5 bus lines hit that one in the morning....
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
FLYGVA

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to name the thread:
Crowne Plaza Geneva [Master Thread]
enelym1978, :D! and marcel.baden like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.