Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Berlin Potsdamer Platz (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Crowne Plaza Berlin Potsdamer Platz (Master Thread)

In June 2012 the former Postpalais will open as the new Crowne Plaza Berlin – Potsdamer Platz

The hotel will present a symbiosis of a historical building combined with unique design in a modern elegant style. The hotel will offer 256 spacious rooms inclusive Club Floor with separate Lounge and 19 Suites.

On a total of 500 sqm Conference- and Eventspace will provide modern technology with individual concepts, a restaurant with outside terrace, a trendy bar and an exclusive ‘Cigar Club’. Additionally, a great Wellness area will be available including 24h gym.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by nicolas75
In June 2012 the former Postpalais will open as the new Crowne Plaza Berlin – Potsdamer Platz

The hotel will present a symbiosis of a historical building combined with unique design in a modern elegant style. The hotel will offer 256 spacious rooms inclusive Club Floor with separate Lounge and 19 Suites.

On a total of 500 sqm Conference- and Eventspace will provide modern technology with individual concepts, a restaurant with outside terrace, a trendy bar and an exclusive ‘Cigar Club’. Additionally, a great Wellness area will be available including 24h gym.
I had a view of this worksite from my window at the HIX on Stressemannstr. last month. It is an interesting building design (from the Third Reich era) with its curved facade at the street corner. I'm not sure if the building was ever used after the war. It used to have steel plates in the windows (instead of glass). I wonder if that was to prevent squatters from taking up residence.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I wonder if that was to prevent squatters from taking up residence.
Or guests who want to gain PC points even before the hotel is open?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:27 pm
alc

My family is considering staying here for 2 or 3 nights in the summer. Any FT members stay here recently can let me know what are my parking options at this hotel? Not much info on the IHG web site and some TA web site show free parking while some say € 20.00 per day.

Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:15 pm

I stayed there beginning of this year and parked my car on the street adjacent to the hotel. It is one of the few streets in Berlin city centre where you can park your car for free. There is a tendency to get rid of these places... so no guarantee that the street parking will be still available when you arrive. The hotel parking is certainly with a charge, but I don't remember the sum. But 20,- is a good guess. I recommend to have the breakfast included as it is really nice. As a spire I was comped but only after tough negotiations.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25371210-post183.html
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:13 am
alc

Thanks for the quick respond.

One last question - this 2nd Adult fee, do they really going to charge this? I am Spire Amb.

Yokdoc - the breakfast that you got, do you know if it for the member only or member+1-guest?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Sure they will - It's Germany.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by alc
Thanks for the quick respond.

One last question - this 2nd Adult fee, do they really going to charge this? I am Spire Amb.

Yokdoc - the breakfast that you got, do you know if it for the member only or member+1-guest?
second person charges occur often with tariffs including breakfast, then its basically a charge for the breakfast.

....saying that you can expect to lower your chance to get comp breakfast when there are two of you. On the other hand the chance gets better if you are willing to pay for one and get one free.

and to clarify> the situation was not like "oh you are spire, we treat you with free breakfast" but rather tough negotiated. You can do this only with the manager, not the reception stuff.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:48 pm
alc

Thanks again for all the respond. My rate doesn't include Breakfast, and it state the 2nd Adult Fee is only €5.00. But being the cheap person I am, I am thinking of just state 1 Adult on my reservation and see what happen

Thanks again for all the info provided from everyone, much appreciated.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by alc
Thanks again for all the respond. My rate doesn't include Breakfast, and it state the 2nd Adult Fee is only €5.00. But being the cheap person I am, I am thinking of just state 1 Adult on my reservation and see what happen

Could be the city tax.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Carel1
Quote:

Originally Posted by alc

Could be the city tax.
City tax in Berlin is per room per night actually (no charge on business trip) They usually charge you at check out.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by alc

Annoyingly, there are growing numbers of hotels have start charging for the 2nd person.
IHG Germany has been doing this for a long time. As AMB I usually still book 2 people and the 2nd person fee usually disappear in the final confirmation page. However, my experience are limited to IC.

Last edited by loyaltypointschaser; Feb 10, 2016 at 4:51 pm
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:48 pm
alc

Thanks again for all the quick respond. Look like we are all set to stay at this hotel for our summer vacation.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by olegator
Sure they will - It's Germany.
Right, and they don't charge you extra for tax, service charge, day of the month, or what ever. Hotel rates are not calculated the same way in every part of this wonderful globe.

The only thing that comes extra is the city tax, but that is not the fault of the hotel but the decision of the Berlin government and it is your personal liability to the Burlin taxman. However, simply take the box upon registration that you are on a business trip and there is no city tax. The number of leisure travellers in the big hotels in Berlin has dramatically decreased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.