Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilot Programme for Consistent Benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:29 am

Received a survey email regarding a very recent stay at HI Portsmouth:

You recently stayed at the HOLIDAY INN PORTSMOUTH hotel which is participating in a Priority Club® Rewards program testing complimentary bonus items offered to our most loyal members at check-in.
In the survey it mentioned the three rewards:
-1000 Reward Points
-Bottle of Water
OR
-Snack

It said that Portsmouth was participating in this testing initiative. What irks me is that staff there did not even acknowledge that I was a Platinum member in any way shape or form let alone offer me one of these additional rewards. The only 'complimentary' things I got were because I had booked an Executive Club Room (free bottle of still water, sparkling water, and KitKat Crunchy bar). Very disappointing--not very consistent so far! I have waited 6 years to get Platinum (qualified last year with the Priority Chase Visa) and this is my final year of it and not received a single acknowledgement regarding my status in the last 3 stays! Oh well.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Skywards, Priority Club
Originally Posted by londongal796
Received a survey email regarding a very recent stay at HI Portsmouth:

In the survey it mentioned the three rewards:
-1000 Reward Points
-Bottle of Water
OR
-Snack

It said that Portsmouth was participating in this testing initiative. What irks me is that staff there did not even acknowledge that I was a Platinum member in any way shape or form let alone offer me one of these additional rewards. The only 'complimentary' things I got were because I had booked an Executive Club Room (free bottle of still water, sparkling water, and KitKat Crunchy bar). Very disappointing--not very consistent so far! I have waited 6 years to get Platinum (qualified last year with the Priority Chase Visa) and this is my final year of it and not received a single acknowledgement regarding my status in the last 3 stays! Oh well.
I've just had an email survey from them on the same subject. In my case it was the Bolton HI, and they didn't give me anything at all, so this was the first I'd heard of it.

1000 points is worth having, but not if they don't tell us about it!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: F
Pilot - Standardised amenities for Elites HIX UK

I've tried a search and can't find another similar post, so here goes: I just checked in to the HIX Edinburgh Royal Mile and was told that as a chainwide pilot for standardized amenities for Elites, I was offered a choice of a voucher for a free drink at the bar, 500 points, or a welcome pack containing water chocolates and whatever (my ears failed to catch that as my mouth was already saying "drink voucher please").

The voucher is headed Priority Club Rewards IHG and states "this voucher is part of a pilot program valid for use at issuing hotel only".

Interesting development.

Edit: just found the other thread. Mods please move.

For HIXs this is useful. For CPs not so good if it means the hotels stop doing their own extra thing locally.

Last edited by redshift27; Feb 8, 2012 at 8:35 pm
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:43 am

CP Coogee Sydney had the same offer and pilot program was mentioned

For Platinum choice of:
1000 PC point certificate - value $US6 by C+P purchase option
Bottle of water and chocolate bar - value $AU7 by minibar pricing
Drink at bar - likely beer or house wine so probably $6-7 dollars as well

Had never been offered free breakfast at this property so this represents a bonus on previous stays and an upgrade to Ocean View with 2 balconies makes me a happy camper!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:46 am

I was irked that I hadn't been acknowledged as Platinum or PC and even more so when I got the email about the survey so I wrote to PC Customer Care and CC'd the hotel in as well.

PC forwarded me on to Guest Relations (despite it being a PC offer and promotion, survey was from them, etc) but shortly afterwards the hotel manager emailed me directly with a very nice long email (I was surprised at its length).

At the Holiday Inn Portsmouth, the complimentary bonus items choices are: 500 Priority Club Points or a Free Drink at our Bar.
At least we have confirmation of what they are offering. I was offered 2000points which I am happy to accept, I would honestly prefer hearing that they are going to re-train their staff because I would have much rather received these offers on-site during my stay to make me feel appreciated instead of as an attempt to backtrack having done it wrong in the first place.

Just thought I'd post a positive handling of a complaint for once!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:01 am

Holiday Inn Baruna mentioned the pilot program when I checked in last mth
Took the 500 pts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Skywards Gold, BAEC Silver, SAA Voyager
As for consistency then this must be a joke!

Is it 1000 points, 500 points, or 500 points per night?

Stayed Liverpool CP in January for 2 nights and received 1000 points. Returned to that hotel last week for 1 night and received 500 points. Stayed 2 nights at HI Heathrow Ariel this weekend and received only 500 points! In summary the scheme is a joke! No consistency at all!

Perhaps someone from PC can clarify once and for all?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: OW E, *A RCC, BE P. IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, BW Diamond. AMEX Plat
I asked about this in CP Manchester and they haven't heard anything about this and will continue to do what they normally do to which I showed great support to stay the same. Odd as Liverpool and Manchester are on the same parent company.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:26 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Originally Posted by tgsh2006
As for consistency then this must be a joke!

Is it 1000 points, 500 points, or 500 points per night?

Stayed Liverpool CP in January for 2 nights and received 1000 points. Returned to that hotel last week for 1 night and received 500 points. Stayed 2 nights at HI Heathrow Ariel this weekend and received only 500 points! In summary the scheme is a joke! No consistency at all!

Perhaps someone from PC can clarify once and for all?
They may be trying different amounts at different hotels to see what reactions are - that's what a pilot programme is all about.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:16 pm

I personally think this is rubbish.

I would rather play russian roulette with the hop of an upgrade than a handfull of points or a bottle of water!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 4:07 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
I personally think this is rubbish.

I would rather play russian roulette with the hop of an upgrade than a handfull of points or a bottle of water!
Same here!

But it really varies on property.
I stayed at the HI lisbon. First stay got a room upgrade, free wifi, and free drink
2nd stay a month later - same as above but no welcome drink
Some HI properties I got free breakfast to free water and snack to free drink with some sort of room upgrade.
1000 points is worth about $6 to me. Water is worth whatever the vending machine charges..
Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:17 am

I was offered 2000points ...
Just thought I'd post a positive handling of a complaint for once!
Suppose I spoke too soon! I was advised I should see the 2000 points on my next statement which arrived a few days ago. Still nothing. I immediately notified the manager who had emailed me (I responded to his personal email account) but I still have not heard anything back. I had sent a follow-up email about 2 weeks ago in response to his email in which I mentioned I still had not received the promised points but that I was still waiting for my statement period to end. (The primary purpose of that email was to thank him for the offer and to just add that I hoped he was instituting a retraining procedure for reception staff to ensure they don't ignore their PC members status, elite or not, again.)

Anyway, not heard anything so now the 'positive handling' is turning into a giant fiasco. It's only 2000 points but they shouldn't offer them if they aren't going to give them. Oh well!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:09 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Suppose I spoke too soon! I was advised I should see the 2000 points on my next statement which arrived a few days ago. Still nothing.
Did you look up your account online? The paper statements (and even email statements) are usually outdated.

HTB.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by htb
Did you look up your account online? The paper statements (and even email statements) are usually outdated.
Yes, definitely. I only check my account online but thanks for the advice. I can see other regular points going in (from Visa card and the Platinum status rebate) but nothing for the 2000 points offered.

UPDATE: They emailed me today to apologise for not receiving the points. They apparently sent the request to the wrong department and have sent it to the correct one now. Hopefully I will see the points post soon!

Last edited by londongal796; Mar 7, 2012 at 8:40 am Reason: Update
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Barham
I've just had an email survey from them on the same subject. In my case it was the Bolton HI, and they didn't give me anything at all, so this was the first I'd heard of it.

1000 points is worth having, but not if they don't tell us about it!

Ha, just stayed there and got nothing whatsoever, wasn't aware until I got the survey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.