Search

Promotion Discussion Thread 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
I don't know of any flexible rates better than best flex, but perhaps you're right and more people here do have access to a competitive corporate rate than I thought
I wasn't talking about flex rates! But my original points stands. You could get a decent non-flex rate for the Le Grand and not worry about the measly 2000 bonus points that you would have earned with the flex rate. It's not worth it.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I wasn't talking about flex rates! But my original points stands. You could get a decent non-flex rate for the Le Grand and not worry about the measly 2000 bonus points that you would have earned with the flex rate. It's not worth it.
Fair enough, I take your point. I also took your original post the wrong way, so apologies for the tone of my reply. I don't generally play the non-flex game though personally having been burned too many times in the past!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:54 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MagB
hm ... that wasnt exactly my question. Why should i choose 4 stays, if 3 would be enough to get 5.000 points, why should I choose 12 stays if 7 would be enough to get 10.000 points etc.
That question, however, is beside the point. You will normally not be able to choose but be sent one (or none) of the promotion codes by PC directly. That probably also answers your question.

HTB.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
the second half of 2011 was an extremely slow promo year for me....lets hope this year we get some some of the great 2010 & early 2011 promos....happy new year everyone....
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:55 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Problems with new website and IDEX1 Promo

I have checked several European hotels with IDEX1 (2 for1 promo). On the screen listing the hotels the expected rate is shown. However, when I click on any of the hotels, the detail page says that this rate is not available and lists all the standard rates. I have tried several hotels with many dates.

Are others having the same experience?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, BA/Iberia Avios, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by cbellero
I have checked several European hotels with IDEX1 (2 for1 promo). On the screen listing the hotels the expected rate is shown. However, when I click on any of the hotels, the detail page says that this rate is not available and lists all the standard rates. I have tried several hotels with many dates.

Are others having the same experience?
try this link for 2-4-1, 3-4-2 & 35% off.....

http://www.greenroom.co.uk/exclusive...-_-35-_-retail
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:19 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Thanks! That works for me.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: ICHotels, Qantas FF, Enrich
Change in Points Required for Reward Nights

Hi All,

Bar Humbug to ICH!!! They are not into Happy New Years!!!

ICH have increased the number or points to redeem some Rewards Nights from 18 Jan 2012, although if you contact Priority Rewards Service they will allow you to redeem your Reward Nights at the old rates up to 18 Mar 2012.
Check out the link below.

http://http://www.priorityclub.com/h...rdChart_Change

Is Priority Club a loyalty scheme? Always thought that loyalty was a two street!

Cheers,

Unhappy Camper (AKA Gwain)
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by gwain6
ICH have increased the number or points to redeem some Rewards Nights from 18 Jan 2012, although if you contact Priority Rewards Service they will allow you to redeem your Reward Nights at the old rates up to 18 Mar 2012.
I'm not sure what the old redemption rates were so not sure if this is good/bad/indifferent but I'll assume the worst!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: ICHotels, Qantas FF, Enrich
Bar Humbug ICH!!

Hi All,

ICH are not into a Happy New Years!!!

Our favourite hotel loyalty program has increased the number of needed points to redeem some Rewards Nights from 18 Jan 2012, not a nice way to start the year, although, if you contact Priority Rewards Service via telephone, they will allow you to redeem your Reward Nights at the old rates up to 18 Mar 2012.

Is Priority Club a loyalty scheme? Always thought that loyalty was a two way street!

Cheers,

Sorry all had internet access issues and re-wrote my post, hopefully the second post is improved
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by gwain6
Hi All,

ICH are not into a Happy New Years!!!

Our favourite hotel loyalty program has increased the number of needed points to redeem some Rewards Nights from 18 Jan 2012, not a nice way to start the year, although, if you contact Priority Rewards Service via telephone, they will allow you to redeem your Reward Nights at the old rates up to 18 Mar 2012.

Is Priority Club a loyalty scheme? Always thought that loyalty was a two way street!

Cheers,

Your link doesn't work. You need to remove extra HTTP:// at the beginning. Also, it just brings you to Rewards Chart page. I don't see anything different comparing to the last year.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, BA/Iberia Avios, AAdvantage
it's usally this time of year i get a little promo code or two but, nothing has dropped into my email box yet!

has anyone else had their annual welcome back, aniversary or next stay bonus codes yet?

or even better any new member bonus codes or ellite jump starts .... ?

Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by TsarTsar
it's usally this time of year i get a little promo code or two but, nothing has dropped into my email box yet!

has anyone else had their annual welcome back, aniversary or next stay bonus codes yet?

or even better any new member bonus codes or ellite jump starts .... ?

I'm Platinum with them and I usually get NOTHING. 99% of the offers I register for I find here.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by foxberg
I don't see anything different comparing to the last year.
InterContinental Hotels for 50,000 or Crowne Plaza and Indigo Hotels for 35,000 points per night - just to mention three examples where the rate excessively increased...
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Flamewing
InterContinental Hotels for 50,000 or Crowne Plaza and Indigo Hotels for 35,000 points per night - just to mention three examples where the rate excessively increased...
I don't think this is a system wide increase though. Some hotels might start charging more, but I don't think all of them. After all, this was expected. Just look at Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.