Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 London Olympic Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by sfcaFLYER
I can't get inventory to show that far on either site, what am I doing wrong?

On a Mac, using Safari and Firefox. If I use ichotelsgroups.com, when I go to book an award it then goes to the new priorityclub site.

Thanks!
I used the Priority Club iPhone app to make my booking. You can see availability until Aug 4 (check-out) but it does not allow you to select points + cash.

If you use the ihg.com site, it requires you (at least for me) to enter a check-in date before July 29, 2012. Here you can use points + cash.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH Blue, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold,Amex Platinum
Hope they honour these bookings

I have booked a couple of rooms and also did the same thing 2 years ago to book rooms in South Africa for the FIFA World Cup. I had a world of trouble with the bookings in South Africa as the hotels tried to cancel my bookings once they realised.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 3:54 am

If there's anyone feeling charitable and wants to point me towards the method they're used to find award availability (meaning simply the method to search, I'll find out for myself whether there are any rooms when I get that far) then you'll earn a fan for life

Needing 4/5/6Aug, which I've a feeling will require waiting til the coming Sunday
Old Aug 15, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by swintonowl
I have booked a couple of rooms and also did the same thing 2 years ago to book rooms in South Africa for the FIFA World Cup. I had a world of trouble with the bookings in South Africa as the hotels tried to cancel my bookings once they realised.
Were the SA rooms with PriorityClub?

The programme specifically states no 'black out dates'.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22

That doesn't mean they have to offer more than 1 room though
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH Blue, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold,Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by britbronco22

Yes and some were with cash, they claimed that they had released inventory by accident when they should have been held for agencies which they had pre-sold rooms to
Old Aug 15, 2011, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by swintonowl
Yes and some were with cash, they claimed that they had released inventory by accident when they should have been held for agencies which they had pre-sold rooms to
Oh so they tried to cancel the bookings you made with cash? That is still bad that they didn't honour bookings, but at least it isn't evidence of them cancelling reward bookings.

It does provide a certain amount of satisfaction using 25,000 points for a £600 room (even if that is a grossly inflated price!), but when it seems too good to be true there is always a slight worry!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
That doesn't mean they have to offer more than 1 room though
They have to offer 5% of inventory per PCR rules. Anyway, since the hotels will likely be full, they will be well-compensated by PCR for award nights. It's PCR that won't be anxious to have tons of award night bookings.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by soitgoes
They have to offer 5% of inventory per PCR rules. Anyway, since the hotels will likely be full, they will be well-compensated by PCR for award nights. It's PCR that won't be anxious to have tons of award night bookings.
I know SPG works that way, but do we know PC does too?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
Yes.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:43 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by Member T&Cs....

Guaranteed Room Availability for Platinum Members: When contacting the Priority Club Service Center directly and guaranteeing the reservation with a valid credit card, each Platinum level member will be guaranteed one room for personal use, for reservations made at least 72 hours prior to the date of arrival, except during special events that result in extraordinary room demand, as determined solely by the hotel. The member will not be charged more than the prevailing rate for the accommodation requested, and the member is not entitled to a rate less than the prevailing rate. Once made, Platinum Guarantees may not be dishonored for any reason. If the member does not arrive and has not obtained a cancellation number prior to 6 p.m. (4 p.m. in Europe), the credit card may be billed for one night's room and tax. Platinum Guarantees do not apply to Reward Nights. A minimum stay duration requirement may apply at select Holiday Inn Club Vacations locations.
(Bolding mine)
Old Aug 16, 2011, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by markdg
(Bolding mine)
Those T&C's are related to the availability of reward nights, except mentioning that you can't use the Plat guarantee to obtain them.

The 'special events' exclusion applies to the Plat guarantee, not the initial release of reward nights which are not subject to black out.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Yes.
I can also confirm that PC properties must make 5% of rooms available for rewards.
However I'm not sure what time period applies, is it 5% a year, a month, or per night?
There may be some other T&C's relating to this as well, because so far nobody has reported seeing any reward availability for CP The City, CP Kensington, I/C's. Unless they all went on Sunday morning?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I know the 5% is right. What I dont know is if the hotel gets 95% reimbursement of the rack rate if the hotel is full, a la SPG. Knowing IHG I doubt it.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know the 5% is right. What I dont know is if the hotel gets 95% reimbursement of the rack rate if the hotel is full, a la SPG. Knowing IHG I doubt it.
If the hotel is at 95% occupancy or higher, they get reimbursed at that night's average room rate. There is a thread on this; I'll post the link later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.