Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 London Olympic Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by boar
Pointbreak during the Olympics. Great stuff.

I agree with Croydon. Even consider Sevenoaks, Sutton , Slough all close enough to London via train. Even Ashford wouldn't be a bad choice - fast train to St Pancras.
As there is going to be a very regular high speed shuttle service between St Pancras and Stratford during the olympics , this may mean a reducing the St Pancras - Ashford service during those weeks as trains and traincrew are being utilised for the Olympic service.

I agree with Croydon also
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by Raffles
Ha ha ha ha.

Almost all 4 and 5 star hotels in Central London were 'given' to the IOC as part of the Olympic bid. 40,000 rooms were handed over - that is pretty much every decent bed in the central area. This does NOT include the beds required for all the TV crews and the like, those 40,000 are for the IOC, sponsors and national athletic federations.

You have zero chance of getting into the IC. You probably have zero chance of getting into any PC hotel in central London - I imagine their sponsorship deal also meant handing over all the HIE's. Your best bet is to keep away from the UK if at all possible.

The UK newspapers are showing 2-star properties listed at £300-£500 per night during the games, and insisting on payment up front with no cancellations.
Oh dear, re above, still quite a few hotels available even on points for the opening night (including Tower Hill Hotel Indigo) , this is as far in advance I could find at the moment, like I said in a previous post the next week of hotel availability (July 28th 2012 - August 3rd 2012) should be available from this Sunday August 14th.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by torcross
Oh dear, re above, still quite a few hotels available even on points for the opening night (including Tower Hill Hotel Indigo) , this is as far in advance I could find at the moment, like I said in a previous post the next week of hotel availability (July 28th 2012 - August 3rd 2012) should be available from this Sunday August 14th.
Where do you see this? priorityclub.com does not show award availability for any days, for any hotels, after 24 July, so I don't know how you can see availability for 27 July.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by Raffles
Where do you see this? priorityclub.com does not show award availability for any days, for any hotels, after 24 July, so I don't know how you can see availability for 27 July.
Priorityclub.com doesn't, but ichotelsgroup.com does - indeed, 22-28 July is very bookable on awards for most if not all IHG properties in Central London.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:32 am

There might be plenty of bookings cancelled if the rioting keeps going.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...e-looting.html

To be honest, I don´t think for a moment this will make any difference next summer. This late summer and coming fall, maybe.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Twickenham
Priorityclub.com doesn't, but ichotelsgroup.com does - indeed, 22-28 July is very bookable on awards for most if not all IHG properties in Central London.
Yep, but I still have to wait another week or two for the closing ceremony.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're right, they are there. This must be an error, surely - cash rooms are £480 inc VAT (for Adv Purchase, it goes higher for Best Flex) and there is no excessive cancellation clauses on the redemption rooms.

Interesting to see how many PC hotels are not showing any availability, though.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
There might be plenty of bookings cancelled if the rioting keeps going.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...e-looting.html

To be honest, I don´t think for a moment this will make any difference next summer. This late summer and coming fall, maybe.
if the rioting keeps going, there won't be a London next summer..
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Twickenham
I can only see availability at HI Victoria, Indigo Tower Hill and Kensington Forum.
Was it better than this when you looked previously? E.g were any CP's available?
I'm hoping to book some reward nights for Aug 3-5th, when they become available. But looks like I will have to be quick, or stay somewhere other than a CP
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:59 pm

Smile

Inventory has loaded until Aug 4, 2012. Book your PriorityClub rooms now folks!!!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:04 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
8 nights down with 2 to go!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:53 am

Nice Tom. I also booked 7 nights at both Indigo hotels (they had the highest rates too) Which onc(es) did you book?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'd rather not post which property publicly right now.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have booked some Indigo nights for friends. Annoyingly, I cannot get August dates to show using an ipad, will need to find a PC in this hotel! I know how to do it as I did it last week.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 5:11 am

I can't get inventory to show that far on either site, what am I doing wrong?

On a Mac, using Safari and Firefox. If I use ichotelsgroups.com, when I go to book an award it then goes to the new priorityclub site.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.