Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Booking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:01 am

Like CanuckFlyHigh said, you don't pay taxes on the point purchase (I've done this a number of times) and the stay is covered fully by points at the hotel, so you don't get charged any taxes by the hotel.

That text is just included on the checkout page by default.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thank you so much for your help and information I apologise if you thought my post was irksome. There is really no need to be so rude darben. Any question is easy when you know the answer

Thanks lunatech for pointing out re the text on the page being there by default as that is what was making me think I needed to pay the 16%.

However cleared up now and I won't trouble you very helpful people with any more irksome posts
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:15 pm

No problem!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by c2lass
Thank you so much for your help and information I apologise if you thought my post was irksome. There is really no need to be so rude darben. Any question is easy when you know the answer

Thanks lunatech for pointing out re the text on the page being there by default as that is what was making me think I needed to pay the 16%.

However cleared up now and I won't trouble you very helpful people with any more irksome posts
Sorry if I came across as rude but it seemed to me you where giving out information in drips and drabs. Finally informing the group that you had looked at paying with cash and points. If that had been said from the get go then the group would have immediately known what had happened and advised you much better.
Perhaps the whole story at once is best in order to get accurate information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.