Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday inn sunspree aruba

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, Aeroplan, Hilton Honours, TD Travel Rewards
Holiday inn sunspree aruba

Can anyone offer their feedback on the above resort?

Your experiences?
All Inclusive Offered?
Location?
Beach?
Windsurfing?

Anything you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Looking to use up some points for a child free vacation in November and want to know what you all think ...

Thanks in Advance for your expertise!!

Last edited by Parcool; Apr 6, 2011 at 12:40 pm
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: PC Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, DL Gold
Parcool-Overall, the HI Aruba is a great value resort. I have stayed there on points twice and would love to go back any time I can. When you use points/SD nights, all-inclusive comes with...so it is a great deal. The food is of fine quality, but be prepared to get up early and stand in line to make reservations at the sit down restaurant each day (they start taking them at 8 am).

The overall location of the property is fantastic. They own a large stretch of beach, so there is plenty of sand to enjoy. The huts are typically a bit tough to get, however, and they also require an early morning wait. Chairs are never a problem, however. The pool is very nice and refreshing. The staff is friendly and attentive.

There is an outdoor bar/grill that is great while you are at the beach. There may be an upcharge for certain alcohols/beers, but the majority are included.

The outside of the property is not the most impressive, but the majority of rooms have been nicely renovated. I believe the Bonaire and Curacao towers are the most desired, but you may want to follow up on TripAdvisor to confirm that. Just know that there are three towers, and the two that flank the lobby on either side are where you want to be.

I stayed there last Christmas with my family and the in-laws, and they upgraded us to adjoining oceanfront rooms (we were using points and Free Nights!)

There is always a breeze blowing on Aruba, so the windsurfing is fantastic! Oh, and they have a great desalination plant for their drinking water, so it is safe and tastes really good.

The area across from the property has built up quite a bit in the past few years so there are now shops, restaurants, movie theaters, etc. right across the street.

If you are expecting the Ritz Carlton, you will be disappointed. If you are expecting a great Holiday Inn in a great location on a beautiful safe island, you will enjoy it immensely! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, IHG Gold, AAdvantage. DL Skymiles
I visited Aruba in '98 for our honeymoon and stayed at the Wyndham, but we made 3 trips to the HI. One was for our welcome breakfast for our tour company, which was OK, but nothing special.

The other two times were for trips along the beach when we happened to stop. The one time there seemed to be a motorcycle group (Lots of leather and tattoos) hanging around the pool. Looked to scary to even go into.
We were told it (at least at the time) was a weekly occurrence.

The final time we found the pool was closed for a dance competition of some sort. I would have been very disappointed had I been staying there and found that to be the case.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PIThawk
I visited Aruba in '98 for our honeymoon and stayed at the Wyndham, but we made 3 trips to the HI. One was for our welcome breakfast for our tour company, which was OK, but nothing special.

The other two times were for trips along the beach when we happened to stop. The one time there seemed to be a motorcycle group (Lots of leather and tattoos) hanging around the pool. Looked to scary to even go into.
We were told it (at least at the time) was a weekly occurrence.

The final time we found the pool was closed for a dance competition of some sort. I would have been very disappointed had I been staying there and found that to be the case.
Hopefully things have changed if only slightly in the ensuing 13 years!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, Aeroplan, Hilton Honours, TD Travel Rewards
Pointer ... Thanks for the great info! Everything you provided will be very helpful! My husband is an avid windsurfer so Aruba and Barbados are the top of his list but it looks like there are no properties on the Island of Barbados ...

Aruba is our next choice. We usually travel to Punta Cana and all the resorts are MEGA RESORTS so I will have to get that out of my head, I know Aruba is a little different but we also want a destination where we can venture from the hotel and Aruba sounds like a great place to do that!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.