Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Win it in a minute" trivia

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by catharsis
LOL, the 'fix' for this game has seriously screwed it up!
you can say that again....
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:17 am

Just got 5/5 correct. Yet it says I got only 3 correct...
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by ktremor
I emailed E-prize complaining about the correct answers not registering and got this reply:

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. We did find some
technological issues with the game that we believe may have given
certain players an unfair advantage. We are confident that these issues
have now been addressed so that the rest of the trivia competition will
be fully in accordance with the Official Rules. Any discrepancies with
the trivia questions or point totals are now functioning as they should
and will be going forward.

We appreciate your participation!

ePrize Customer Service
We already know that they are capping scores at 50k/day and 250k/week. I believe if you give a wrong answer, they show another wrong answer as correct. They are probably doing this to avoid bots using color codings and such. In trying to come up with this "fix" they seemed to have screwed up the programming.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:52 am

Well, I won yesterday, woohoo...its been awhile. But then today I got hit with the zero points for a recorded answer. Oh well, I don't think I am in the running for the weekly prize anyway.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, I am really starting to object to some of the questions now. I had a question about which of the 4 given place names given had a 'city' on every continent. Of the four answers they list, none are correct (although after googling, I know which one they probably mean, there isn't a city called that (and certainly not spelt the way they spell it on the quiz) - there are towns and settlements by that name, but that, last time I looked, is not the same as a city.

On the same one, I had the question about which of the place names was found in all 50 states - I guess the same as someone stated above, Springfield / Fairview / Centreville - to that poster, was there a 'none of the above' option - there was with mine, and my other 3 were none of Springfield / Fairview / Centreville, so I am guessing it must be none of the above. The googling tells me there is no name common to all 50 states, so I guess that has to be the answer?

Who do I email to moan at about the city question? Any ideas?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by emma69
Ok, I am really starting to object to some of the questions now. I had a question about which of the 4 given place names given had a 'city' on every continent. Of the four answers they list, none are correct (although after googling, I know which one they probably mean, there isn't a city called that (and certainly not spelt the way they spell it on the quiz) - there are towns and settlements by that name, but that, last time I looked, is not the same as a city.

On the same one, I had the question about which of the place names was found in all 50 states - I guess the same as someone stated above, Springfield / Fairview / Centreville - to that poster, was there a 'none of the above' option - there was with mine, and my other 3 were none of Springfield / Fairview / Centreville, so I am guessing it must be none of the above. The googling tells me there is no name common to all 50 states, so I guess that has to be the answer?

There are two questions - which one of the 4 options is most common place name? (or words to that effect), Riverside I think was answer and which place name is found in all 50 states? None of the above being answer.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
This game is a mess. Got 4/5 right, only got points for TWO.

Come on.
After reading all about this for weeks, it finally happened to me now too.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Amb
I actually got thru my round today knowing all 5 answers and no glitches. I've noticed the answers show before the question for me now and I've played so often I usually know which one is correct without the question. Still my score is only in the low 47's but maybe if they knock out 200 winners from Mon-Thur I can get some points...
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:48 am

Rome was my winning answer.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Amb
Also I've noticed that when the game hi-lights my answer in green but gives 0 points, its because my answer was indeed wrong after googling for it.

Pain in the neck glitch but it might explain people thinking they got a right answer but didn't receive points.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
There is a contact us on the FAQ link. I emailed them this morning as I am hacked off with this too. I got an automated reply from

[email protected]
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium

I don't understand why you are upset, and certainly not why you'd complain. Just view the contest as being a random drawing (i.e., as if you were "spinning a wheel" and relying on luck to get each answer correct and score the resulting points). Would that be such a horrible thing if it was designed to be random instead of designed to be trivia but executing somewhat randomly? If your answer is "yes, because other people are getting it right by avoiding the randomness", then why don't you just do the same thing as them? It's not prohibited in the rules - just join the crowd. Pretty easy to win each week if you do.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zoobenny
There are two questions - which one of the 4 options is most common place name? (or words to that effect), Riverside I think was answer and which place name is found in all 50 states? None of the above being answer.
Ah, got you, thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mitelsp
Rome was my winning answer.
Yup, it's the closest to being right, but there certainly isn't a city called 'Rome' on every continent, 'Roma' is a place on every continent but not a city on each (small town, settlement, etc)

I just figure if you are going to ask a question at least have the answer correct (had they said which of these is a 'place' fine, it is the 'city' bit I object to!) It means those who think they know the answer, spend longer than necessary looking at the question, because they know the answer they believe to be true, isn't actually correct for the question asked.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mooper
I don't understand why you are upset, and certainly not why you'd complain. Just view the contest as being a random drawing (i.e., as if you were "spinning a wheel" and relying on luck to get each answer correct and score the resulting points). Would that be such a horrible thing if it was designed to be random instead of designed to be trivia but executing somewhat randomly? If your answer is "yes, because other people are getting it right by avoiding the randomness", then why don't you just do the same thing as them? It's not prohibited in the rules - just join the crowd. Pretty easy to win each week if you do.
I think a genuine question and answer is perfectly fair - if the questions and answers are factually correct! If it was a random 'wheel spin' then I'd be fine with that too, but that isn't what this is.

I have no illusion of 'beating' the system by using codes or what have you (I lack the technical know-how for one!) but when you play the game properly, and the questions are just wrong it is annoying. I am not upset, I only get upset over 'real' things that matter, it is just a 'for goodness sake can't they get someone with a brain cell to write / check the questions' moan!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.