Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP or HIEX at Milan Malpensa (MXP)?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:05 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Smorgasbord42
I'm attending the Olympic Film Festival in Milan this November. The location is given as: Auditorium of Regione Lombardia (Piazza Lombardia, 1 corner with Via Melchiorre Gioia 37).

I've never been to Milan, much less Italy. I'm Spire Ambassador - where do you suggest I stay (unfortunately, no ICs there)?
Not all the way out there by the airport. Looks like the closest IHG property is the CP Milan City, also on Melchiorre Giola.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is there any way of getting to the HIX at Malpensa airport from the center of Milan, or do I have to take the train/bus to the airport followed by the hotel shuttle ?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Train, bus or taxi to the airport + the hotel shuttle (paid) or the T1-T2 shuttle (free) and a 5-minute walk
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really? Can you elaborate on how the latter works, that is to say, the free T1-T2 shuttle then walking 5 minutes?

If it's near T2, I will be arriving with the bus from Milan.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:12 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
There is a stop near the cargo/office buildings. See the map here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...050262458&z=17
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:18 pm

The next stop after Handling towards T2 (not shown on the map) is actually closer to the HIX. The location is near the intersection with Via de Pinedo
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks a lot guys, this looks interesting. I should probably just get off at T2 (which is the low cost airline terminal if I'm not mistaken) and pick up the inter terminal shuttle there. The manœuvre is going down tonight so I'll report back as to how it went! Hope the shuttle is still going post 9pm.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I must say, this whole trip went down like total clockwork. The inter terminal bus is a great solution because the HIX and Crowne Plaza shuttle now costs a hefty 8 Euros. The stop in question is called Case Nuove, from which you can easily see the hotel. However, there is a provisional stop between Handling and Case Nuove, which puts you a bit closer to the hotel and is located on the road without any indent or obvious place to stand, right beside a parking lot. From this stop you save about 100 metres, and it is a slightly scratchy walk along the 'main' road, not so good in the dark.

The HIX is a good hotel, BTW.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 4:13 am

The HIX is OK, I had a poor experience with my first stay there as a fire alarm went off in the middle of the night, then the power went out until just before I had to leave. They didn't seem to care, made no compensation, and acted like this was a usual occurance. I've stayed at the CP instead since.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Going to be pulling the same stunt in a couple of weeks. By that, I mean staying at the HIX and using the inter terminal bus to get there. Will be arriving by train at MXP if all works out the way I hope (otherwise by bus from Domodossola). Any major changes, or is it all pretty similar to what it was a couple of years ago?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:03 pm

No changes at the HIX as of this July, same for the free shuttle bus

Last edited by Temedar; Aug 7, 2019 at 2:04 pm Reason: Wording
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Temedar
No changes at the HIX as of this July, same for the free shuttle bus
Can confirm. The paid shuttle is a rip-off. The inter-terminal shuttle runs more often and is free as in beer.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't like the HIX Malpensa this time so much, a bit reminiscent of a German youth hostel in the 1980s, you can't do this, you can't do that. It irritated me enough to resolve to stay elsewhere next time I am at Malpensa. Oh, and you can't put drinks at the bar on the room so you can collect points (and perhaps fulfill an Accelerate task).

Also, places that issue just one drink voucher when there's obviously two of you just irk me.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I'm going back there, despite all that. It will do for an overnight for me alone before a flight at 06h50 the next day. But the big question is, does the inter T1-T2 shuttle still work? It seems that T2 might have been closed during Covid. So that free bus shuttle, which exists mainly for airport employees, might have been pulled. However, the employees of T1 still need to get to the parking lots, so here's hoping!
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The T1-T2 shuttle definitely works and this is the only way to reach the hotel now. Watch it if you do it at night, because the hotel is not lit up with the familiar logo and is just a dark hulk. Getting off the bus at the right place is also challenging because you have to walk along the "main" road for a bit before turning left into the access road. It's totally doable though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.