Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Kandooma -- Maldives

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PCR Platinum
Advice please

I am off to Kandooma for 6 nights in December on points breaks. . I'm flying with BA and am trying to work out how much the hotel's going to cost me. Does anyone have any experience of how much it cost them recently. If it stacks up i may cancel and book a hotel with BA direct(have a little extra money atm) adn also at least if there are any flight issues i will not be marooned. Also is the wifi free and if not how much will that cost

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:42 am
Used to be highman123

Holiday Inn Kandooma -- Maldives

Food is about $50 - $120 pp/day. Wifi is free for plats. Transfer is around $200. It's very expensive but also very nice!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
F&B Menus from the HI Kandooma

I've posted what was sent me this summer at http://ba97.com/kandooma/
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:36 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by highman123
Food is about $50 - $120 pp/day. Wifi is free for plats. Transfer is around $200. It's very expensive but also very nice!
I am planning on using my points for this property in Feb. I just want to as the previous poster try and get some bearings on the cost.

Can anyone indicate what are the differences in this food package? And do I get this offered when I check-in on reward stays?
The range seems to be quite large.
For the transfer, if you don't opt for the hotel transfer from the airport, what are my options? What about day visits to Male?

Besides the free WiFi, any other advantages for Plat. members?

BA97: Thanks for the menu's. The prices seems quite reasonable for such a resort. I think I have paid more in Puerto Rico!

Cheers!
Old Dec 2, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Bit of an odd question, but with our stay coming up i'm wondering whether i'll be able to wire up my laptop (VGA and HDMI outputs) up to the TVs, or indeed my wife's iPhone (with composite) which is probably more likely?

Any ideas what the Garden View Beach Houses are kitted out with?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:48 pm

From memory all rooms included and iPod dock.

Not sure if you will be able to connect your laptop but there were tvs in all rooms.

Great hotel by the way and the best spend of 15000 I ever did!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
We are staying here in Jan using 15000 points (pre increase rate) per night and have just checked my reservation and noticed that we have been upgraded to an overwater sea view villa. This is a total shock but very welcome.^^
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by xcalx
We are staying here in Jan using 15000 points (pre increase rate) per night and have just checked my reservation and noticed that we have been upgraded to an overwater sea view villa. This is a total shock but very welcome.^^
And now a few days before travel we find we have been downgraded back to what we booked. I would rather they had not given us the upgrade to start with its a bit of a let down now. Is this common practise to treat guests like this, with the here it is then snatch it back.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: IC Plat Ambassador, GHA Platinum, HH Gold, A Club Plat, FB, Millemiglia, LH MM
I've been there on points one year ago for 8 nights, right after New Year. At that time I was AMG Gold. For points you get garden view beach house, upg to beach view beach house. THey gave us room nr. One, which is one of the best there. Close to jetty, not so crowded area, nice sand just in front of our patio, you can lazy from water to sundeck to the patio on ground floor.
The best rooms are from one to 25/30, have sunset, are in front of nice sandy beach, you can swim there and see some fishes, more close to the jetty.
Nice and clean room, spacious, good excursions, average food, good tastings menus for dinner in The Kitchen.
PROS:
Awesome value for points
Free daily snorkeling trips (with turtles too)
Free Illy cofee in room
Free 6/8 oranges to squeeze in room daily
Free beach towels
Free snorkeling equipments
Prepared staff
Weekly cocktail for PC holders

CONS:
They don't let you go on your own to local island - you can even walk to....
Not real "maldives" lagoon just around the island (but remember, here the tsunami had really hurt, on the local island 4/5 kids disappeared in the waters..)
Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:36 am

And now a few days before travel we find we have been downgraded back to what we booked. I would rather they had not given us the upgrade to start with its a bit of a let down now. Is this common practise to treat guests like this, with the here it is then snatch it back.
The answer to your question is yes. You are probably back already and I hope you had a good time. We just got back and I wouldn't visit this place again if someone paid me to go. I will have trip report soon.

Learn from me and don't budget travel to the Maldives!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:43 pm
Used to be highman123

I posted a review with tons of pictures from my stay last August on my blog:

Holiday Inn Kandooma Review
Old Feb 2, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Internet charges at HI Kandooma - anyone have prices please.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:30 am

Was free for plat when I went. Nov 2011
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:48 pm

How do you get the pre increase rate?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:26 am

Programs: All of 'em
Originally Posted by Kidrah
How do you get the pre increase rate?
You have till March or so. Just call them up and book it that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.