Wiki Posts
Search

should I pay to upgrade to ambassador?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:11 am
Original Poster

should I pay to upgrade to ambassador?

Hi

I am new to this site and have a question for you. I have about 71 stays at HIX, HI and Crown plaza (loved the golf deal!). I never stay at hotel intercontinental. Should I pay the $150 to upgrade to ambassador level?

thanks
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alexstjo
Hi

I am new to this site and have a question for you. I have about 71 stays at HIX, HI and Crown plaza (loved the golf deal!). I never stay at hotel intercontinental. Should I pay the $150 to upgrade to ambassador level?

thanks
Welcome alexstjo,

Ambassador is only good at Intercontinental hotels so if you never stay at these, there's no point signing up. However, if you redeem points at Intercontinental hotels for vacation,... it may well be worth it.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
It does not appear to be of much value to you, but if you are planning a weekend in a city with an IC, the BOGO will cover the $150 you'd pay for membership in a second night and you'll get a 5K PC point bonus "voucher" too.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Hi

thanks
Hi there and welcome to Flyertalk. If you don't plan to stay in an IC then I would suggest that your $150 is better spent elsewhere. It's worth checking the information in this thread to help answer your questions - it has very comprehensive information on both programmes.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...els-forum.html

Enjoy!
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:23 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Hi

thanks
alexstjo, welcome to Flyertalk and this Forum.

If you don't wish to pay the $ 150 USD, you can contact Priority Club Customer Service and spend 24,000 PC points for the membership.

mxm135

Last edited by MXM135; Nov 19, 2009 at 1:28 pm Reason: Welcome
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I would guess that you have enough stays, that if you had three different IC stays, you'd be Royal Ambassador. This is a great perk, and comes with a referral for another RA as well, which is easily worth $500 in itself.

Is there a reason you don't stay at any IC's? I find them to be fine, and stay when they are reasonably priced, or you can use the BOGO that you get when you're an ambassador to get a free weekend night, when you pay for the first night.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:31 pm

I second the idea that if you pretty much make 1 weekend stay at an IC, it is worth the 150 for the free night and the 5k points.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:32 pm

for BOGO if i pay for friday night, i will get saturday night free, but if i also pay for sunday night, do i get monday free? or only 1 night free in the weekend?
and how do you re-qualify for the ambassador?
thanks
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
for BOGO if i pay for friday night, i will get saturday night free, but if i also pay for sunday night, do i get monday free? or only 1 night free in the weekend?
and how do you re-qualify for the ambassador?
thanks
You can only use one BOGO per weekend per room

There is no way to requalify for Ambassador, other than to get a soft landing from Royal Ambassador status
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by martyYYZ

There is no way to requalify for Ambassador, other than to get a soft landing from Royal Ambassador status
I'm not sure if this is true or not. I've seen a number of promotions that give you free ambassador with 3 stays.

The RA program is quite nice. I had it for a year, and used it at 4 or 5 different IC's. The soft landing to Ambassador was nice too. I'm at 35 stays right now, and hope to be back in the 55+ stay area by the time my renewal comes around.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by martyYYZ

thanks for the quick reply martyYYZ
are you saying that the only way to renewal Amb is to pay another USD$100 each year?
is Amb expire one year after the date/month you join or they also use canlander year as PC?

thanks again
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:01 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
I never stay at hotel intercontinental.
You just answered your own question. Ambassador is useless if you never stay at ICs since it's only applicable there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.