Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bird Strike

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2024, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Bird Strike

Hi All. Just asking advice and useful information.

BA Flight out of YYZ was delayed 24 hours at the gate. No reasons given, aircraft plane was there at the gate , ground staff unhelpful but stated there were crew issues.

I applied for compensation under the rules and after 5 weeks BA replied stating it was a bird strike and the plane required parts so no can do. For a variety of reasons I have suspicion about this claim.

Airlines are required to report bird strikes and FAA have a database of all these reports. There is no record of any airline recording same for that date. In fact having downloaded the database there are no reported strikes at all by BA into Pearson.

It could be that the strike was in UK airspace and the UK data, no surprise, seems to be well out of date and not published yet.

Could I ask if anyone has experienced airlines avoiding compensation claims by using spurious incidents and proving this?

Anyone got experience of asking airlines to support their claim ?

Anyone know if the CAA database is more accessible? I guess I can use an FOI.
I would post the URL of the CAA database link I used if i could.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
You're better off posting this in the BA forum, where there are various threads on flight cancellations and the EU261 rules.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the steer Steve. will do.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 12:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk Auphilman and the Information Desk.

As you've posted in the appropriate forum, we'll close this thread.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk ​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.