Search

Priority Pass Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2024, 12:54 pm
Y..
Original Poster

Priority Pass Membership

Hello,
I'm not sure where to put my question so hopefully this isn't the wrong spot. My husband and I (retired in our 60's) are going to be traveling more often. I've looked into a PP Membership, standard plus, but can't find the answer to a question. Do I have to pay for my husband to come in with me each time? The PP website says to check the actual lounge page. I tried that but did not see any information about this topic (CVG, CLT, and FLL). Is there another place where I can check to see what the actual answer is to this question?

I appreciate any ones help with this,
Y..
Old Jan 9, 2024, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I don't know the answer to your question, but I think you might do better just getting one of the credit cards which includes Priority Pass access (lounge only or lounge and participating restaurants) as a card perk.

How many visits a year do you anticipate making?
Y.. likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 2:53 pm
Y..
Original Poster

Maybe 10-15?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Y..
Maybe 10-15?
I would look into either the Capital One Venture X card (lounge access only), or the Chase Sapphire Reserve card (lounge and restaurants included).

Although both cards have high annual fees, if you can take advantage of enough of each card's perks and credits, the cards can have a very low net annual cost.
Y.. likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
If you look here you will see the information: https://www.prioritypass.com/join-prioritypass
The conditions for memberships through credit cards vary. The Chase Sapphire Reserve, at one extreme, provides unlimited free access for you and two guests. Its other benefits may well make it worth the $550 annual fee if you travel enough.
Y.. likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 3:33 pm
Y..
Original Poster

I did review the Prioritypass website. In fact, I went back over it a 2nd time. There was no clear answer. I appreciate everyone’s responses. I will keep researching.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Y..
Hello,
I'm not sure where to put my question so hopefully this isn't the wrong spot. My husband and I (retired in our 60's) are going to be traveling more often. I've looked into a PP Membership, standard plus, but can't find the answer to a question. Do I have to pay for my husband to come in with me each time? The PP website says to check the actual lounge page. I tried that but did not see any information about this topic (CVG, CLT, and FLL). Is there another place where I can check to see what the actual answer is to this question?

I appreciate any ones help with this,
Y..
If you click the "Join Priority Pass" link on their website, you'll see that the Standard Plus option costs $329 and offers you 10 free visits before all additional visits cost you $35. In addition, every visit with a guest will cost an additional $35. So 10 visits for you and your spouse would cost a total of $679 ($329 annual fee, $0 for you, $350 for 10 guest passes for your husband), while 20 visits for you and your spouse would cost $1379 ($329 annual fee, $350 for you, $700 for your husband).

As others have suggested, you are much better off getting a credit card that comes with Priority Pass access. Your best option would likely be the Capital One Venture X cost, which has an annual fee of $395, but comes with unlimited Priority Pass visits for you and two guests.

If you're going to be in FLL most often, the only lounge available there is the Kafe Kalik. Most Priority Pass cards do not come with access to restaurants like the Kafe Kalik. In this case, you might want to consider the Sapphire Reserve card from Chase. While the annual fee is $550, this card does include a Priority Pass membership for you and up to two guests that also comes with $28 per person complimentary at Priority Pass restaurants.
Y.., trooper and Xkmo like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:07 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Note that the Chase Sapphire Reserve comes with an immediate rebate of the first $300 you spend on travel each year making the effective fee $250.
Y.., Xkmo, Dr Jabadski and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 11:37 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt
If you click the "Join Priority Pass" link on their website, you'll see that the Standard Plus option costs $329 and offers you 10 free visits before all additional visits cost you $35. In addition, every visit with a guest will cost an additional $35. So 10 visits for you and your spouse would cost a total of $679 ($329 annual fee, $0 for you, $350 for 10 guest passes for your husband), while 20 visits for you and your spouse would cost $1379 ($329 annual fee, $350 for you, $700 for your husband).

As others have suggested, you are much better off getting a credit card that comes with Priority Pass access. Your best option would likely be the Capital One Venture X cost, which has an annual fee of $395, but comes with unlimited Priority Pass visits for you and two guests.

If you're going to be in FLL most often, the only lounge available there is the Kafe Kalik. Most Priority Pass cards do not come with access to restaurants like the Kafe Kalik. In this case, you might want to consider the Sapphire Reserve card from Chase. While the annual fee is $550, this card does include a Priority Pass membership for you and up to two guests that also comes with $28 per person complimentary at Priority Pass restaurants.
Also noting that Chase is opening Sapphire Lounges that Sapphire Reserve cardholders will be able to access.

I have PP access via my Chase card, and while it's annoying that they don't have options in some of the places I regularly visit (for example, nothing in ORD T3, which is my home airport/terminal), the restaurant option is very nice when it's available. And at LGA instead of a lounge you can get a spa treatment. (They used to also have a benefit that gave you an hour in a private room with a couch, desk and TV, but that seems to have disappeared at LGA.)
Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt

Do you know if its easy to get from terminal 3 to terminal 4 to go to Kafe Kalik?
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by jmsnyc
Do you know if its easy to get from terminal 3 to terminal 4 to go to Kafe Kalik?
I believe Terminal 3 and Terminal 4 are connected airside at FLL, so you should be able to walk from one to the other without going through security.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:52 pm

Don't expect too much of Priority Pass. There are some large airports that have no Priority Pass lounges, at least not anymore. There may be limits on access time AND number of PP cardholders. It is not unknown for there to be a line of PP cardholders when premium customers are still being admitted.

Having said that, I WAS able to use PP on a recent trip. Nice enough to have if it comes with a credit card but I certainly would not pay otherwise. If you think it will get you lounge access at all airports you are likely to be very disappointed.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:42 am

There seems to be a crackdown on airline employees using the food benefits at some airports. Which I understand why (especially in uniform) but still it sucks because we’re the ones that would tend to use it the most.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:46 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Eclipse2026
There seems to be a crackdown on airline employees using the food benefits at some airports. Which I understand why (especially in uniform) but still it sucks because we’re the ones that would tend to use it the most.
Considering that one of the conditions is that you may be asked to show proof of same-day travel, that sounds fair. It never would have even occurred to me that an airport employee would try to use the food benefit, which would admittedly be a major cost savings for the employee but seems unethical, if not fraudulent.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.