Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Close in availability

Close in availability

Old May 5, 2023, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Close in availability

We have a trip coming up from west coast to BOM coming up shortly. We booked this on QR using AA miles a few weeks ago. The trip is in economy class as around the time of booking my searches for J class came in empty. We are a family of 5 so this was not too surprising. However I recollect some mention of how certain airlines release J space close to departure. I am wondering if someone could help me understand which airlines do release close in space, how to find that space and what's the best program to book them from.
Old May 6, 2023, 2:52 am

From what I recall, booking for 5 is going to be fairly difficult. You will have to determine if you are ok with splitting your family up. Maybe only some of them will be lucky enough to get J class.
Old May 6, 2023, 5:24 am

Some do if lots of seats are unsold - but 5 is highly unlikely . Best bet is to check for tomorrow and day after on various programs and see what pops up. E.g. I think VS might have availability but surcharges are high.
Old May 12, 2023, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
Some do if lots of seats are unsold - but 5 is highly unlikely . Best bet is to check for tomorrow and day after on various programs and see what pops up. E.g. I think VS might have availability but surcharges are high.
That's a good idea. I will look for immediate availability to gauge what to expect

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.