LAX - SGN

Old Sep 16, 22, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Business class seats from LAX to SGN . How?

Good afternoon!

I'm having a hard time finding the best way to use miles for a roundtrip in business class from Los Angeles (LAX) to Ho Chi Minh / Saigon / Tan Son Nhat International (SGN). I have American Express Membership and Marriott Bonvoy points I can use and transfer. I tried calling in to Japan Airlines and Asiana but didn't get much help at all after their 1.5 hr waiting period.

Would any of you happen to know which airline would be best to transfer the points to for redeeming business seats for a flight from LAX to SGN?

Thank so much for the help and tips!

Last edited by Danieller12; Sep 17, 22 at 7:50 am
Old Sep 18, 22, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Easiest to open an account with ANA and JAL to just check availability yourself online. Air Canada is an option too (using AC miles to book ANA).

AMEX points can be used directly to purchase a ticket (100 points equals 1 dollar). Simply book at travel.americanexpress.com.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Sep 19, 22, 5:23 am

Programs: UA
How many points do you have? When do you want to travel? Is this only for you?
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the response... about 1.7mil Amex points but trying to book 9 business class seats! I know I wont find avail. for 9 passengers but hoping to at least do 2 groups. Looking to travel in Feb. 2023.
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Thank you! I was checking ANA, but kept running into waitlist or no avail. I will check Air Canada. Thanks again!
Old Sep 23, 22, 6:16 am

Programs: UA
Finding 9 business class awards on the same flight is going to be a challenge. You may consider splitting people up on different routings.
Old Sep 28, 22, 2:37 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by angetenar View Post
Finding 9 business class awards on the same flight is going to be a challenge.
I would say very close to impossible. The chance of winning the lottery grand prize is higher.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Search this Thread