Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I want the most free econ/mid hotel nights, that's all

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:58 am
Original Poster

I want the most free econ/mid hotel nights, that's all

Hi, first post--I don't see a general hotel miles/points board topic, only specific hotels/chains. The credit card boards deal with airlines, status, tiers, luxury hotels, etc--which don't apply to my specific goal. If someone could suggest a topic home, that would be great!

We are retiring in a couple of years and want to spend three months each winter at a different ski resort. VRBO/Airbnbs aren't that great of a deal at the moment, and RV's have issues in the winter. I am thinking that we choose the resort 18 months in advance and get a credit card that targets one or two of the hotels there (Holiday Inn Express/Fairfield Inn-ish). We have a 5K a month credit card spend.

I'd like the most free nights possible, and we don't mind moving rooms as needed. We could also be maximizing the "stay 4 nights get the 5th night free" type deals. At some point each winter we get VRBO/Airbnb's which become affordable because of the savings from the free hotel nights.

Are there any other strategies I should add to this plan? Thanks again for pointing me to the proper place to read up.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I'd suggest that at least one of you apply for this card:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...s-club/premier

The other of you could apply for the same card (maybe two or three months down the road), or this one, if you'd prefer not to have two cards with annual fees:

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...tcard/traveler

Carefully consider the differences in benefits between the two cards.

Good luck!

Edited to add: And a belated welcome to FlyerTalk!
Lmwv likes this.

Last edited by guv1976; Aug 2, 2022 at 6:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.