Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

"Business or pleasure" Question during domestic flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Business or pleasure" Question during domestic flight?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Question "Business or pleasure" Question during domestic flight?

Not sure which channel/forum to post, so I'll ask it here.

"Business or pleasure?" seems to be a common question that people encounter, especially at immigration and customs. Today was my first time getting it after 10+ years living in the states, and oddly, during a United flight from EWR to SFO. I got passed TSA, no questions. Scanned QR code while boarding, no questions, however, I was stopped by a staff member (not sure TSA or not) after I walked down the boarding bridge, right before the plane gate. (He picked me and let the next person go)

Staff: Can you tell me your purpose of trip, business or pleasure?
Me: Business.
Staff: How long are you gonna stay there?
me: Why?
Staff: It's a simple question.
me: about a week
Staff: OK, have a good flight sir.

What's going on here?
Old May 15, 2022, 10:13 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
We have a couple of threads discussing similar situations in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.