Wiki Posts
Search

Travel on May 16

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Travel on May 16

So - I just was beaten and my IDs, along with wallet, were stolen.

I have a trip upcoming on the 16th. My new state ID won't be here for at least two weeks. This leaves a passport as my only other option.

Any suggestion on what my options are? Not sure if I can even get one, even if I get an emergency appointment. I have an original birth certificate, can probably find my SS card. Can get any other proof of ID docs. Anyone else ever been in a similar situation? I think I can get it done with a SS Card and Medical Card.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wutlol

I have a trip upcoming on the 16th. My new state ID won't be here for at least two weeks. This leaves a passport as my only other option.

Any suggestion on what my options are? Not sure if I can even get one, even if I get an emergency appointment. I have an original birth certificate, can probably find my SS card. Can get any other proof of ID docs. Anyone else ever been in a similar situation? I think I can get it done with a SS Card and Medical Card.
Hope you are OK.
A question for https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prac...ty-issues-686/
Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Practical safety and security issues/questions directly related to travel, including travel documents, customs, hotel and transportation security procedures/screening and safety.
Old May 2, 2022, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wutlol

For a USA passport in the USA, you can go to a Passport Agency in person with photo, etc. and proof of travel (I'm not sure whether it needs to be international, but a PNR and ticket receipt from a fully refundable ticket, including an award ticket, should work). A new passport can even be issued late the same day or (if it's not urgent) the next day if you pay an expediting fee. Check whether your local office requires an appointment, although mine says that they do but then takes some walk in people. There's surely one in San Francisco and perhaps elsewhere in the vicinity of the Bay Area, so you might be able to drive to one with better appointment availability if necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.