Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Boarding a flight w/ out clearing security (and using a different name)

Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum

So this may be silly/not matter since one would go through security at some point to get airside before their first flight along their journey but I was just thinking that if you are on a separate ticket itinerary you would first be able to board a flight w/ out that ticket/BP having gone through security but also you could fly under a different name too no??

I mean lets just say JFK-LAX & LAX-PHX on 2 separate tickets. Once landing from JFK you are airside obviously. So the 2nd ticket/itinerary would never go through security. This happens all the time with a separate ticket domestically and doesnt seem to be an issue. But couldnt one book the 2nd ticket with any name and fly using a completely different name. I.D. would never be checked. BP accessible to board with just the record locator.......

No clue why I thought of this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If someone were determined to do this, the person could just buy two domestic tickets under different names departing from the same USA airport. It doesn't matter whether they're to the same destination and/or use different carriers. It's extremely rare (but possible for TSA to swoop in and do this) for IDs to be checked upon boarding domestic flights in the USA.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If someone were determined to do this, the person could just buy two domestic tickets under different names departing from the same USA airport. It doesn't matter whether they're to the same destination and/or use different carriers. It's extremely rare (but possible for TSA to swoop in and do this) for IDs to be checked upon boarding domestic flights in the USA.
Thats true, it doesnt even have to be connected travel how I had outlined it in my example. Could just have 2 tickets from LA and clear security with your real name but then fly a flight under any other name. With all the security post 9-11 just interesting to me how easy it is to fly under a different name, again one would have to go through TSA under their real name so I guess thats all that matters.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.