Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting Flights on Separate Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Connecting Flights on Separate Tickets

We are traveling from Chicago to Madrid (with a layover in Lisbon). Once we are in Madrid, we have a long layover before continuing to Las Palmas, Spain on a different airline. We are not checking any luggage. We will check-in for both flights before we leave home. When we are in Madrid, do we need to go out through security to the check-in desk for the different airline or can we go straight to the gate and let them know we have arrived?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Depends if they'll issue you a boarding pass or not when you check-in online for that second airline. If you get that you can proceed to the gate and no reason to announce yourself. If not you can try at the Transfer Desk.

Just to be clear you don't have a connection in MAD as far as the airlines are concerned. If you are delayed getting to MAD on separate tickets neither airline is responsible for getting you to Las Palmas so I hope you have a good amount of time between flights. Upside is that you'll clear Schengen immigration at LIS and your flights in MAD will arrive as a "domestic" flight.
MSPeconomist and JPG3392 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.