Wiki Posts
Search

Japan connecting flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Japan connecting flight

Good-morning

I have a question. I am from the U.S, and will be flying to Guam from a quick vacation in Italy. My flight from Italy was all booked in one ticket from United airlines, and it’s connecting flight in Japan has me transfer from HND to NRT on a 4 hour and 30 min layover. How difficult is this transfer from HND to NRT, especially with COVID times altering typical protocols. Can you please advise?
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jonathan Valencia
Good-morning

I have a question. I am from the U.S, and will be flying to Guam from a quick vacation in Italy. My flight from Italy was all booked in one ticket from United airlines, and it’s connecting flight in Japan has me transfer from HND to NRT on a 4 hour and 30 min layover. How difficult is this transfer from HND to NRT, especially with COVID times altering typical protocols. Can you please advise?
Unless you are a Japanese resident/national you will not be allowed to transfer between HND to NRT. You may want to check official guidelines. You will not be permitted entry to Japan, which is essentially what you need to transfer airports. Best to reroute your plan or transfer within the same airport.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Jonathan Valencia
Good-morning

not sure if you’ve been to DC, but HND to NRT is like DCA to IAD. Or even DCA to BWI. Very far. And you’d be on your own.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
I commented in your Korea thread too, but you can't do this either unless you have a Japanese passport or residency, and even then I would be nervous about having enough time to transfer. If the Limo Bus is running I'd plan for 1h30-1h45 to get and ride the bus. Via public transport more like 2 hours.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
As others have already pointed out you cannot currently make this connection as non-Japanese tourists cannot enter Japan. When it is possible to transfer between HND and NRT4 hour and 30 min should be sufficient. Check the following thread in the Japan forum.

Consolidated Haneda (HND) to/from Narita (NRT) transfers thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.