Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Rewards: Dollars or Miles?

Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi

I have some credit card rewards to redeem. I can pay down my credit card, get cash, or get miles!

Which makes the most sense?
I think American is worth about 1.4 cents per mile
I think Delta is a little more
I think Southwest is even more.
I think I would appreciate American the most, because I travel between SFO and CLT most often. Delta would be a second choice because no direct flights. Southwest probably the least because no direct flights and tends to be expensive for me!

Do any of you smart travelers know which decision is smartest? Or is there a different play I should be making?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:17 pm

To me, the most valuable are the points that I can use to go where I want to go. Miles on airlines I cannot use are useless. Compare cash fares for your desired routes with award fares to see which are more valuable to you.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 12:18 pm

small amount of miles

are there any uses for a small amount of miles around 20k since I know I wont be using them ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.