Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidate card miles for 2 Biz Class to Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Consolidate card miles for 2 Biz Class to Singapore

Is it true that I can get miles from amex, chase, citi, and capitalone, and transfer all of those points to a single (or 2?) singapore airline ffa?

I'm new to the rewards game, but I want to make sure my strategy is correct. My goal is to get 2 (my wife and i) biz class tix to singapore in the next couple of years. I opened up a plat amex card, and I want to accumulate intro & earned miles with different cards. Also... can a single ffa program buy tickets for 2 people? Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:08 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Essentially yes but in practice transferring in miles from multiple sources at once or within a short period of time can trigger a fraud situation and is a big headache to resolve & also as availability you intended to ticket can be gone by the time it is resolved. With Amex it's a good idea to add a spouse/significant other as an AU as you can transfer to their FF/Hotel accounts but it has to be an established AU situation.
You can transfer and ticket for more than one person. Some programs, such as ANA has rules on who you can ticket for which limits to family twice removed.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It can be very difficult to find two SQ award tickets in business class on the same flight, and even harder if you're using partner miles. Do not assume that there will be availability or that the availability you see is not phantom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.