Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

What hubs are providing service to BKK currently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott Titanium

I'm trying to get in BKK in the next week. Travel restrictions still apply to tourist travel but I fall within the other guidelines and have the necessary documentation but I'm failing to locate any carriers/hubs currently providing service. Can anyone in the "know" provide some hubs/carriers that are running to BKK, it would be much appreciated.

Stay healthy my friends,

mg77
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome to FT!

There are regular flights into BKK from TPE, DOH, PVG, MNL, AMS, HKG, KUL, VIE, HND, DXB, NRT, SIN, AKL, ZRH, HEL, LHR, FRA, and a Brunch of others. It might be easier for you to search google flights for your specific case.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I know under normal circumstances the hubs you listed would be providing service to BKK, but currently it's not the case as google flight search results are limited for BKK inbound travel. For the few that do pop up on google flights, they fail to exist under further investigation on the carrier's proper website.

Any insider insight on inbound BKK flights would be helpful.

Thank you!

mg77
Old Jul 6, 2020, 2:37 am
Suspended

All of those airports I listed have had at least one flight in the last two days. Check the BKK website if you don't believe me!
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Can you pass a link to what you're viewing?

I know TG607 is making daily runs from HKG, but with no passengers (cargo only). When viewing BKK on flight aware, there are numerous carrier flights that show up, but are cargo only and do not reflect under any actual search results.

Is that what you're viewing?

Best,

mg77
Old Jul 7, 2020, 12:46 am
Suspended

Go to Flightradar24.com and enter BKK. Then click ‘show arrivals board’
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Just an update on this - I've also been looking for passenger flights to BKK (again non-tourist - trying to help my sister-in-law rejoin my brother who is resident in BKK).

As LondonElite says, lots of international flights are shown inbound/outbound to BKK on flightradar24.com. However, when you check the ticketing situation, all flights I can find (checking across August 2020 for various routes - LHR/FRA/AMS/DXB/etc to BKK) are zero'd in all classes.

mg77 - I understand the Thai government is not permitting tickets to be advertised inbound into BKK - only the outbound tickets are generally available. For inbound flights they're essentially either empty or being operated as a charter. The Thai embassy is permitted a certain number of seats per week/month to be sold - the Thai embassy itself (at least in the UK, possibly other locations too) is organising the waiting list (see: Visa : **Repatriation Flights for non-Thai nationals** - Royal Thai Embassy, London). At the current time, all seats on the UK for August are taken with "update for September 2020 to be posted soon".

If anyone knows of any routes into BKK which are *not* being controlled by the Thai embassies and normal airline booking/capacity is available, please do update the thread.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mg77
Can anyone in the "know" provide some hubs/carriers that are running to BKK, it would be much appreciated.
Am I missing something here, or why don't you just look at the BKK website to see what origins and destinations are appearing on their flight information displays right now?

Or just plug in your dates and origin on any online ticket agent and see what comes back?
Old Aug 18, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Am I missing something here, or why don't you just look at the BKK website to see what origins and destinations are appearing on their flight information displays right now?
The arrivals/departures show all flights running, but don't indicate what is ticketable. If you look at flightradar24 or flightstats during the past few months you'll see lots of flights running which turn out only to be carrying cargo or carrying passengers in one direction only (especially in cases like Thailand where the flights are officially "suspended").

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Or just plug in your dates and origin on any online ticket agent and see what comes back?
Online travel agents show flights where airlines are selling tickets. During the past few months where there have been restrictions in many countries restricting flights (Thailand being one such country) many airlines have continued to show availability in the future on the basis that they are beyond the current end date of the restrictions - however this "end date" keeps getting rolled forwards. That's not a good indicator of what will actually fly or what will actually allow you to reach Thailand. An example, 3x daily flights are shown from Muscat to Bangkok starting 1st September - there is virtually zero likelihood of these flights operating. The same applies to all other flights currently shown to BKK - apart from a tiny selection of flights that are very difficult to determine!

To enter Thailand currently you need to jump through a lot of hoops. Most of the hoops are controlled by the Thai embassies. Only a very restricted set of people are permitted to get a visa, you must get a booking from an approved quarantine hotel, get a "fit to fly" certificate before you fly. The Thai embassy in London also controls the bookings for the very few (3 per month, from what I can tell) flights that run from UK (LHR) to BKK at the moment. These are sold out weeks in advance and the waiting list is managed by the Thai embassy. So the question is - is it possible to get the visa, quarantine hotel booking, "fit to fly" cert but then skip the LHR-BKK flight waiting list and fly via another country where flight availability is better. That's the main question...
Old Aug 18, 2020, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by itfcfan
To enter Thailand currently you need to jump through a lot of hoops.
Indeed...but that's an answer to a very different question! (On the basis of the OP's original post - which I now realise is not a recent post - the OP had the necessary documentation to enter, and simply needed to know what airlines were actually flying to BKK)
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:07 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.