Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taking return flight without leaving the airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Taking return flight without leaving the airport

Is it possible to take the return flight without exiting Qatar airport ? I am planning to travel with my parents to Doha but I will not go with them on the subsequent flight to their final destination. I will take them to their boarding gate and then I will proceed to the boarding gate of my return flight. I will end up spending about 15 hours at the airport. I would like to know if it is possible before booking our flights. Where will I get the boarding pass for my return flight ?

-NA
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Depending on where you're coming from, and the random selection of the day, you may be able to walk from gate to gate or have to go through a security check before heading on to the next flight. https://dohahamadairport.com/airport...port/transfers has a lot of info. You may have to obtain your return flight BP at a transfer desk.

15 hours inside the airport isn't appealing at all. If you have a free or cheap visa I suggest getting a hotel in Doha or at least getting out of the airport to see the city. It is far from my favorite city but there are things to see.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Depending on where you're coming from, and the random selection of the day, you may be able to walk from gate to gate or have to go through a security check before heading on to the next flight. You may have to obtain your return flight BP at a transfer desk.

15 hours inside the airport isn't appealing at all. If you have a free or cheap visa I suggest getting a hotel in Doha or at least getting out of the airport to see the city. It is far from my favorite city but there are things to see.
I am expecting to go though security check. I have been to Doha airport once but I recall seeing transfer counters before the security check point. I am hoping to get the boarding pass from the transfer desk and then go though security check along with my parents to get in to the terminal. Based on the info on Qatar Airways, i am not allowed to enter Qatar since they are only allowing Qatari nationals, the children and spouses of Qatari citizens, and holders of a permanent residence permit.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:05 pm

Make sure that you are in line with the transit rules. Usually a return flight to the point of origin is considered NOT to be a transfer. It needs to be a third place. I this is also true for DOH you might be denied bording already on your outbound.
Yoshi212 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.