Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Do I accept the Itinerary change or not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Flying to Scotland from the US this September on Delta/KLM via SEA/AMS/INV. Delta has changed the flight time of the last leg of our return flight to SEA resulting in a 55 minute layover in AMS from INV. If I accept this and I miss the connecting flight to SEA (pretty much guaranteed) will Delta be required to book me on another flight without any cost to me?
I believe they may be trying to force me to change flights because we obtained the current itinerary at a very inexpensive cost.

Thanks for any input!
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Ifnotthen
Flying to Scotland from the US this September on Delta/KLM via SEA/AMS/INV. Delta has changed the flight time of the last leg of our return flight to SEA resulting in a 55 minute layover in AMS from INV. If I accept this and I miss the connecting flight to SEA (pretty much guaranteed) will Delta be required to book me on another flight without any cost to me?
I believe they may be trying to force me to change flights because we obtained the current itinerary at a very inexpensive cost.

Thanks for any input!
That's within the minimum connection time from KL to DL at AMS, so it is possible, but dicey. Any delay will likely mean you miss the flight. DL is required to get you home, which may mean put you on a later flight (possibly with a stopover) or a flight the next day. You'll get a hotel room in that case and a voucher for food and drink. Depending on the circumstances, you may be due compensation, but don't worry about that now. What you can't do is just pick your own flight and require them to put you on it. Personally I'd accept the change.

Welcome to FT!
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Ifnotthen

Thanks for any input!
As long as it’s one ticket, and you missed the connection because of delay, or too tight of connection they’d be responsible to get you to SEA. At this point in time, with so many schedules changing, I’d just wait until a month before the flight. That way you can see what the schedule looks like then, and research alternatives before contacting DL.

I found transfers at AMS usually easy.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
A 55min connection KL to DL at AMS is certainly doable. Your inbound flight needs to be late before you miss that connection. Nothing to worry about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.