Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

China Eastern Class Code

China Eastern Class Code

Old Jun 13, 19, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles
Question China Eastern Class Code

So I just booked a return business class ticket TPE - AMS for $1640USD I received the flight confirmation email and on on the PUDONG - AMS leg the class code is FIRST (U) any idea what that means. It's on MU's new A350. (first post sorry in advance if I've posted this in the wrong area.) Cheers guys!
Old Jun 13, 19, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

The U indicates which of several possible fares you paid for your ticket. Other possibilities in this case are P and F. The code may, in some situations, affect how much frequent flyer credit you get for this flight. It will not matter in any other way, except to your wallet.

There is a forum here for "Other Asian Airlines" where you're likely to find people who know more about China Eastern than I, or the others in this forum, do.

(By the way, for future reference: many of us here are not guys.)
Old Jun 14, 19, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles
Thanks for your help. I was more wondering why I was booked into First class when I selected a business class fare. Also, it is my impression "guys" is a fairly gender neutral term, especially when used in the collective sense like I did. Cheers
Originally Posted by Efrem View Post
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

The U indicates which of several possible fares you paid for your ticket. Other possibilities in this case are P and F. The code may, in some situations, affect how much frequent flyer credit you get for this flight. It will not matter in any other way, except to your wallet.

There is a forum here for "Other Asian Airlines" where you're likely to find people who know more about China Eastern than I, or the others in this forum, do.

(By the way, for future reference: many of us here are not guys.)

Search this Thread