Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems with Cardpool?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles, AA Advantage, HH Gold, Marriott Gold

Not sure where to post this so I decided to try here. Has anyone here had any luck getting a check from Cardpool after selling a gift card to them? I sold them a AA giftcard approximately 2 weeks ago (purchased with my Bank of America airline credit) with nothing but automated responses from them. Have followed up twice (no response) and tweeted at them (no response). I found this link from Doctor of Credit soon after selling:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/share...-card-selling/

Any ideas how to proceed from here? If they have not processed the card, can I sell it to another buyer?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:42 am

I sold them AA gift card in January this year and after almost 3 weeks of waiting, emailing and calling with no response, I had to file a BBB complaint to get them to call me. They asked a few questions about how I got my gift cards, why I sold them, etc. for verification. Then I got the check within a week.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Emailed Carpool again with no response. However, the balance is still on my card. I checked on selling it to CardCash but read several negative reviews about them also. Any advice on a reputable site to sell this card? I honestly never fly American Airlines mostly because I dislike their flight experience and I attempt to fly Delta whenever possible to maintain my lowly Silver status. Any ideas appreciated.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:35 pm

Cardcash isn't much better. They just cancel all my orders. It would be nice if there were a reputable site that just did what they promise.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I saw the bad reviews for Cardcash also. Listed it on Raise. Wanted me to validate it was 45 days after purchase. Still pending but at least I can remove it from listing at any time.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:00 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Raise would be your best bet, they seem the most "legit" of any of these gift card buying/selling sites.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Cardpool rejected sale, but sold my card

I have used Cardpool for years successfully, but a couple months ago I got a good deal on a Lord and Taylor Gift Card at Amazon, and sold it on Cardpool. It took a long time to verify the card, but it finally listed and then sold. I got notification that the card had sold, and then I got notification that the sale was cancelled. In my listings it showed as cancelled, so I thought it would be fine to list the card on eBay. I sold the card on eBay right away, and then the buyer contacted me and said the card was empty. I checked with Lord and Taylor, and the card had been emptied sometime after I listed it and after my buyer bought it, but I believe the buyer that he did not use it. I attempted to contact Cardpool, but they do not answer.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:22 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
I tried to list a gift card on cardpool ... but it still hadn't been reviewed after three weeks, so I cancelled. Fortunately, my card still has the original balance. From the above, seems like I dodged a bullet ...
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Seems like I dodged the same bullet with Cardpool. After 3 weeks, luckily, my card still had it's balance. I subsequently listed it on Raise. It was a fairly easy process to get it listed except for having to upload the requested documentation to Raise...

They asked for the following:
"If you have proof the card has been activated for 45 days, please provide images or receipts, or anything you can proving this using this link." and then after uploading the receipt, they still asked "could provide a receipt with the last 4 digits of the card."

After sending the receipt to them, my card listed and sold in less than 15 minutes. (I had listed it about $5 lower than all the other American cards on the site). I received payment in 4 business days. All in all, I was happy with Raise. Stay away from Cardpool.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:11 pm

I’m on the other end of this.

Cardpool sold me a bad card and it’s been 11 days with no response to my request to fix this. I know there’s been a holiday but how long should I expect to get a response? Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:18 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
I think you mean to ask whether you will get a reply at all...
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:03 am

Just to followup, I received an answer in 14 days stating they'll issue a refund.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 5:47 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Annoyed I didn't check FT first before using Cardpool. Figured I'd just add my negative experience to this existing thread. I tried out Cardpool with just one GC, fortunately a low denomination one. Cardpool marked the transaction as complete, but after a few weeks I still hadn't received payment. When I logged on the Cardpool website to check, the transaction instead had changed to canceled. I checked the GC balance and it had been emptied. Cardpool won't return e-mails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.