Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which FFP should I use going forward

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Which FFP should I use going forward

Hi, I would like your expertise to help me decide which FFP to use going forward. I am currently OWE on BA ExecClub. But, I will no longer be a resident of the UK. I am moving to Singapore so making the 4 BA flights could be difficult as I dont have reason to go to UK anymore. I make a few trips to the USA (from SIN) but almost always on the cheapest economy (since they are company trips). And, since I am OWE, I try to keep all my flights on OW alliance. I like the benefit EC gives for entry to AC while flying US domestic flights. So, it would be great if there is an equivalent benefit on another FFP.
Appreciate your assistance and insight. Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by filakia8
Hi, I would like your expertise to help me decide which FFP to use going forward. I am currently OWE on BA ExecClub. But, I will no longer be a resident of the UK. I am moving to Singapore so making the 4 BA flights could be difficult as I don't have reason to go to UK anymore.
I make a few trips to the USA (from SIN) but almost always on the cheapest economy (since they are company trips). And, since I am OWE, I try to keep all my flights on OW alliance. I like the benefit EC gives for entry to AC while flying US domestic flights. So, it would be great if there is an equivalent benefit on another FFP.
A lot depends on what you want from a ffp and travel profile.
Now days cheap economy seats do not earn much with any ffp. Some earn nothing.

General FFP:- Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!

Oneworld:- Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here

Star Alliance: Need advice on which Star Alliance FF scheme to join? - please post here

Skyteam:- Which SkyTeam program should I sign up for?

Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hi, I would like your expertise to help me decide which FFP to use going forward. I am currently OWE on BA ExecClub. But, I will no longer be a resident of the UK. I am moving to Singapore so making the 4 BA flights could be difficult as I dont have reason to go to UK anymore. I make a few trips to the USA (from SIN) but almost always on the cheapest economy (since they are company trips). And, since I am OWE, I try to keep all my flights on OW alliance. I like the benefit EC gives for entry to AC while flying US domestic flights. So, it would be great if there is an equivalent benefit on another FFP.
As a non-US resident, you are exempt from spending thresholds on AA, DL, and UA.

I don't currently chase status because most of my (intra-China) flights earn close to zero miles, but I did enjoy my 3 year stint as a BA Gold, and it was pretty easy for me to keep until they introduced the "4 BA flights" requirement. My issue is/was that Oneworld is kind of useless in Mainland China. Singapore seems to be a little better.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
In that case - you have 1 logical choice only - UA.

I am not sure how you can earn BA Gold with "cheapest economy". But with "cheapest economy", UA and DL are better programs for those who live overseas and travel to the U.S. because their program count virtually all revenue tickets. Because you are at SIN, so UA will give you a better advantage over DL.

Another program to consider will be CX MPC. But I warn you upfront - it is very possible that you won't make it to the OWE level (DM). In fact, your level can drop significantly depending on how cheap we are talking about.

Originally Posted by moondog
As a non-US resident, you are exempt from spending thresholds on AA, DL, and UA.
The bolded part is inaccurate.

Every elite with AA is subject to EQD requirement. No exception.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by garykung
In that case - you have 1 logical choice only - UA.

I am not sure how you can earn BA Gold with "cheapest economy". But with "cheapest economy", UA and DL are better programs for those who live overseas and travel to the U.S. because their program count virtually all revenue tickets. Because you are at SIN, so UA will give you a better advantage over DL.
Agree with this (my bolding).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.