Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK to BLR best miles cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

JFK to BLR best miles cards

Planning to take my family of 3 to India (Bangalore) from NYC(JFK/Newark) this June( so i have time to apply for new miles cards). I have 62k Delta and 65k AA points. planning to apply for new cards (me and my wife were thinking of chase sapphire preferred). Please let me know what cards/carriers are a good deal for this route.

Last edited by shrey007; Feb 27, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
AA miles are very versatile on that route: you can go west on Cathay Pacific, or east on Qatar or Etihad. If you can't get enough AA miles for three roundtrips, remember that AA miles and UA miles can both be used for one-way awards too.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Are you expecting to earn these miles and use them for the trip in June or are you planning to use the cost of the trip to meet the minimum spending?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Are you expecting to earn these miles and use them for the trip in June or are you planning to use the cost of the trip to meet the minimum spending?
Indeed. If wanting saver awards June 2020 is more realistic. Awards start to become available 355/330 days out. People start looking & booking awards from then.

Chase UR Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timeline, etc (2017)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.