Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles Consolidation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Miles Consolidation

Is there anyway conciliate all my smaller miles programs to one account?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:38 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Pederb6
Is there anyway conciliate all my smaller miles programs to one account?
Welcome to FlyerTalk. There are very few programs where you can move points from one to another. Ultimate Rewards and Membership Rewards points are two examples of transferable points. United and American are two examples of points that cannot be transferred.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
As SanDiego1k said, the few routes that do exist either come with fees and/or transfer rates that make them rather unattractive.
Some hotel programs allow transfer at decent rates to airline programs. Marriott being one of the better options.

One strategy to get around this is finding credit card programs that allow you to top off the airline FF account miles to where they're useable for a redemption. Some hotel programs also
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In most cases the answer is no, but to be sure, you have to list which specific programs you have miles in currently, and an estimate of about how many miles you have in each.

Once we see those details, we may have other suggestions.

Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
You do not mention the accounts, or where you are, but for the most part, they are not always combinable. You need to study your market and try to minimize minimal point accumulation in numerous programs, and maximize it across a few that give you the most amount of service, that way you can get better benefits out of it. Keep in mind that it is not uncommon to have "orphan" but the main idea is to accumulate to gain status, or use for free rooms, flights, etc.
Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.