Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

What's the best way to get from Seattle to Perth using points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the best way to get from Seattle to Perth using points?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
SQ has announced SIN-SEA service beginning in September. https://www.travelcodex.com/singapor...s-destination/
Was aware of that (from SEA wikipedia) but OP wants to travel June/July

Originally Posted by matrim33
<snip>
I like the idea of spending a day or 2 in SIN as I have never been. Perth and Melbourne would be the other 2 places I want to see on this trip. A day or 2 in Tokyo wouldn't be terrible either as I have a friend there. But the thought of navigating Tokyo and NRT for a day sounds daunting.

So far I am not seeing many good QF options. SIN seems a lot easier to get to than direct to Australia.
Wanting to go MEL on this trip makes a big difference. The cost of flights PER-MEL can be high. (Maybe more than SIN PER) It is a ~3:30 hr flight. June/July in Melbourne is mid winter. Can be a little fresh.
Routes --> Great Circle Mapper

USA to Australia business class awards have a reputation of being very hard to get, especially on Oneworld airlines. Many threads on business awards USA to Australia.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 2, 2019 at 12:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.