Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to Perth Business Class?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Getting to Perth Business Class?

Spent hours researching this but still dont think I have got to the bottom of which is the best method to go for.

I am looking to travel to Perth (Australia) from London or Manchester next March 2019, travelling business class and preferably using airmiles. I currently have 400000 Virgin Miles and 160000 with American Express.

I dont mind stopping once or twice on the way to break up the journey. I have seen and read various options including Garuda and Singapore Airlines but wondering if anyone could give me a definitive guide on which would be the best value and chance of availability. Thanks in Advance!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKLYN
Spent hours researching this but still don't think I have got to the bottom of which is the best method to go for.

I am looking to travel to Perth (Australia) from London or Manchester next March 2019, travelling business class and preferably using airmiles. I currently have 400000 Virgin Miles and 160000 with American Express.

I dont mind stopping once or twice on the way to break up the journey. I have seen and read various options including Garuda and Singapore Airlines but wondering if anyone could give me a definitive guide on which would be the best value and chance of availability
Business class awards UK/EU to Australia is hard with any frequent flyer program.
Have you looked at which ffp's your UK Amex MR can transfer to?
And then look at what ff partners those airline ffps have.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth_Airport

Getting to SIN or other Asian airport with ff miles and then a cash ticket to PER is an option.
Great Circle Mapper
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Spent hours researching this but still dont think I have got to the bottom of which is the best method to go for.

I dont mind stopping once or twice on the way to break up the journey. I have seen and read various options including Garuda and Singapore Airlines but wondering if anyone could give me a definitive guide on which would be the best value and chance of availability. Thanks in Advance!
The best options available to you would be by using your Amex points.

1) Best option in my opinion would be to transfer your points to asiamiles and redeem LHR-DOH-PER on Qatar. This would cost 90,000 miles each direction and QR fly their A380 to PER. In March there is loads of availability.

Redeeming on cathay LHR-HKG-PER would also be good and only cost 85,000 miles but there doesn't seem to be much availability in March time.

2) Second best option would be to transfer to Krisflyer and redeem on SQ. This would cost 95,000 miles. There is decent availability but note that it is a regional business class product on SIN-PER.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pogonation
The best options available to you would be by using your Amex points.

1) Best option in my opinion would be to transfer your points to asiamiles and redeem LHR-DOH-PER on Qatar. This would cost 90,000 miles each direction and QR fly their A380 to PER. In March there is loads of availability.

Redeeming on cathay LHR-HKG-PER would also be good and only cost 85,000 miles but there doesn't seem to be much availability in March time.

2) Second best option would be to transfer to Krisflyer and redeem on SQ. This would cost 95,000 miles. There is decent availability but note that it is a regional business class product on SIN-PER.
Brilliant thanks for this!

Apologies again for my lack of knowledge with this question! I have been onto the Asiamiles website and put in the dates and airports, it comes up with two options BA or Qantas, am I right in thinking that it would be BA and that you actually fly with Qatar?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Asiamiles is a bit buggy. I assume you have already signed up for an account??

Onve you have, you can stare by searching for a standard award LHR-HKG on CX. Once you are at the results page then just click new search and it will allow you to search for LHR/MAN - PER And will show you results with QR.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apologies again for my lack of knowledge with this question! I have been onto the Asiamiles website and put in the dates and airports, it comes up with two options BA or Qantas, am I right in thinking that it would be BA and that you actually fly with Qatar?
Originally Posted by pogonation
Asiamiles is a bit buggy. I assume you have already signed up for an account??

Once you have, you can start by searching for a standard award LHR-HKG on CX. Once you are at the results page then just click new search and it will allow you to search for LHR/MAN - PER And will show you results with QR.
Or maybe search for MAN-DOH and then DOH-PER to check availability for each sector.
If available on the dates you want then MAN-PER (may or may not work)
That would all be on QR and nothing to do with BA, if using CX Asiamiles ffp.
Or LHR-DOH-PER
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Airport
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for your help, will go down the Asiamiles route I think!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Be aware flying awards using BA generally incurs brutal “carrier imposed fees” that were originally classified as “YQ - fuel surcharges”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.