Advice Requested: LAX to BOG (miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond

I've been doing a lot of research to fly from LAX to BOG this year around December 20th to December 25th but I could not find much availability and prices keep moving up. Perhaps I will be out of luck due to holiday season but any advice/help will be appreciated.

Potential Dates:
December 20th to 25th 2018

Current Miles Count:
AMEX MR: 32,000
Chase UR: 100,000
AA: 200,000

I'm hoping for a direct flight but 1 quick layover won't be too bad. I've looked through AA, United website and other blogs but have had no luck so far. Thank you for your help!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You're trying a few months too late for the peak travel time around the Christmas holiday.Prices more than likely will continue going up as people travel to see families.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by CreditRocks
I've been doing a lot of research to fly from LAX to BOG this year around December 20th to December 25th but I could not find much availability and prices keep moving up. Perhaps I will be out of luck due to holiday season but any advice/help will be appreciated.

Potential Dates:
December 20th to 25th 2018

Current Miles Count:
AMEX MR: 32,000
Chase UR: 100,000
AA: 200,000

I'm hoping for a direct flight but 1 quick layover won't be too bad. I've looked through AA, United website and other blogs but have had no luck so far. Thank you for your help!
The aa.com website is incapable of displaying award-seat availability on LATAM, which offers service to BOG via LIM. Suggest you call AA and ask an agent to check availability; but given your desired dates of travel, I wouldn't be too optimistic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.