Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring airlines miles to hotel points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Transferring airlines miles to hotel points

hello

ny brother has various airline miles Singapore, Emirates, American, Virgin. But only a max of 17000miles in each. He is planning a trip to the New York and Niagara Falls and wants to know if he can transfer these miles into hotel points? Ideally Hilton or Marriott because he has Gold status. Can any one help please?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I don't know off the top of my head, but if you go to the websites for each those, you can easily check out the redemption options including any miles to hotel points transfer possibilities.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flipnmiles
hello

ny brother has various airline miles Singapore, Emirates, American, Virgin. But only a max of 17000miles in each. He is planning a trip to the New York and Niagara Falls and wants to know if he can transfer these miles into hotel points? Ideally Hilton or Marriott because he has Gold status. Can any one help please?
There is no way to transfer most airline miles to hotel points, and even if you do, you usually lose a ton of value.

AA doesn't allow you to transfer miles to any hotel points. It does let you book hotels with miles, but if you do, I'm not sure whether you get your elite benefits from the hotel (it might be different for each hotel program), because it's treated as a third-party booking, and many hotel programs don't give benefits on third-party bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.