Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Is Miles and More the only program that offers Super deals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:44 am
hln
Original Poster

I have been looking on the websites of most companies and i cannot seem to find another airline's miles program that offers super deals like lufthansa / M&M .
Each month,They offer various flights at a discounted mileage, like tokyo from fra at 70.000 miles in Y class instead of 150.000-

Does anybody know what other airline, if there is any, that has the same ?

thank you all !
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Hi there.
If you follow boardingarea, you would see there are several airlines doing similar deals.
Delta Skymiles (link), Flying Blue (AirFrance & KLM) (link) as well as Singapore Krisfyler (link) are examples off the top of my head.
Ursa81 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:52 am
hln
Original Poster

Thank you, i thought of following the different threads of the airlines programs, but not boarding area. thank you again !
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:05 am
hln
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Hi there.
If you follow boardingarea, you would see there are several airlines doing similar deals.
Delta Skymiles (link), Flying Blue (AirFrance & KLM) (link) as well as Singapore Krisfyler (link) are examples off the top of my head.
Where do i find boardingarea ? is it a thread of this forum ?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by hln
Where do i find boardingarea ? is it a thread of this forum ?
It's a collection of blogs you can find by googling
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:57 am
hln
Original Poster

Got it, thank you.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:00 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
American also does promotional award pricing for their cobrand credit card holders.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:00 am

Unless you have a stash of existing miles earned under previous conditions, are a captive customer due to corporate contracts, or earn your miles through promotional offers, you ought to consider if those deals are really 'Super'... Lufthansa and Air France's programs charge among the highest taxes in the industry for award tickets (including YQ 'fuel taxes' which don't go down when oil prices and every honest carriers' do, higher taxes for business and first awards on Lufthansa, etc.), their new earning rates based on ticket price are pitiful, especially for non-elites on discounted tickets, and their standard redemption rates are higher than average.
Not to mention LH miles expiring 3 years and a quarter after earning, except for elites (with some of the highest qualification thresholds in the industry) and own credit card holders.
Plus, LH's long haul business 'Mileage Bargains' almost only appear for their own flights, with decidedly subpar (except if travelling with someone) 2-2-2 seating, unless you are willing to buy a separate ticket to Vienna for the rare OS offerings which, unlike LH's, are for short notice redemptions. IIRC there are reports of rare LO business awards, which are of interest as they are the only LH group airline with reasonable taxes on award flights, not that their 2-2-2 788 is anything to get excited about.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:29 am
hln
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monahos
Unless you have a stash of existing miles earned under previous conditions, are a captive customer due to corporate contracts, or earn your miles through promotional offers, you ought to consider if those deals are really 'Super'... Lufthansa and Air France's programs charge among the highest taxes in the industry for award tickets (including YQ 'fuel taxes' which don't go down when oil prices and every honest carriers' do, higher taxes for business and first awards on Lufthansa, etc.), their new earning rates based on ticket price are pitiful, especially for non-elites on discounted tickets, and their standard redemption rates are higher than average.
Not to mention LH miles expiring 3 years and a quarter after earning, except for elites (with some of the highest qualification thresholds in the industry) and own credit card holders.
Plus, LH's long haul business 'Mileage Bargains' almost only appear for their own flights, with decidedly subpar (except if travelling with someone) 2-2-2 seating, unless you are willing to buy a separate ticket to Vienna for the rare OS offerings which, unlike LH's, are for short notice redemptions. IIRC there are reports of rare LO business awards, which are of interest as they are the only LH group airline with reasonable taxes on award flights, not that their 2-2-2 788 is anything to get excited about.

Thank you for your input.
I have a M&M credit card and collected many miles.
I have found a super deal for a FCO-KIX flight (b747) in business class for 70,000 miles and 540 euro in taxes etc.
It is pretty much a huge bargain to me!
Even though with the miles i have i can only get 2, while we are a fam. of 2 adults and 2 children.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:39 am

Aeroplan is also known to have "sales" on some routes from time to time. Sometimes those discounts can be steep requiring as little as half the number of points as a standard award. The only downside to these sales is that it must be on an AC flight which means you'll be paying scam charges (also referred to as the carrier surcharge or fuel surcharge).
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Super Deals on redemptions from LH? First time I am hearing of this and I have been a M&M member for 20+ years. Are they usually just Economy rewards?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
You know, there are some good deals in M&M, but it’s like all these programs, you just have to get to know the sweet spots. And it depends on what you’re looking for and and on your individual circumstances as well.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that some of the airlines that offer award sales generally only offer coach (economy) class award sales. Only some fraction of them offer business class award sales too.

And, as already noted above, some offer award sales for partner flights, and others offer award sales only for their own metal.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:32 am
hln
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christianj
Super Deals on redemptions from LH? First time I am hearing of this and I have been a M&M member for 20+ years. Are they usually just Economy rewards?
Yes, they offer Super deals each month.

Currently, there is Osaka for 70.000 miles in Y class.
Travel in december.
I checked availability, and there is plenty at this discounted milage rate.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by christianj
They have Economy and Business awards on LH, LX, OS, LO, etc. Go to

Miles & More Mileage bargains

and choose your country of departure.
hln likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.