Wiki Posts
Search

babies flying

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

babies flying

Hi All

I thought babies were free to fly due to not requiring a seat. Can anyone give information on this?

thanks
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mchcin canada
..I thought babies were free to fly due to not requiring a seat. Can anyone give information on this?
10% of the cash fare is common for lap children. But can vary by airline.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
It would be best to check directly with the specific airline, or airlines, you have in mind. Policies vary, and policies can change. (There is often a two-year maximum age for this category. If yours is close to that, you might want to check, and if he/she is under the age limit but large for his/her age, bring age documentation.)
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Depends on the airline(s), the route and the age/size of the child. Look at the specific airline(s) involved for their policies. Airline A can vary from the policy of Airline B.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Additionally, I've found that our lap infant always has to pay taxes and airport fees as well. (Usually not a big deal when flying domestically, but those connections through LHR....)
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I have only flown Southwest and Alaska with my kids and neither charge for lap children. They also do not charge taxes/fees for domestic flights in the US for lap children. So as mentioned above, it varies by airline.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mchcin canada
Hi All

I thought babies were free to fly due to not requiring a seat. Can anyone give information on this?

thanks
The question is too vague to give a meaningful answer. Please be more specific.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:53 am

Domestically that seems common. Not internationally.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
The question is too vague to give a meaningful answer. Please be more specific.
First reply that says "it varies" was posted within a half hour of the thread being started. OP hasn't been back in over a week; has only two other FT posts, and those from 2016. I suspect we're wasting our bandwidth, though I'd really like the OP to prove me wrong.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Agree!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.