Wiki Posts
Search

Using miles to upgrade within Economy?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Using miles to upgrade within Economy?

As far as I know, most airlines offer the opportunity to upgrade to business or first class using miles. However, none that I know of offer the option to use miles to upgrade to any of the better seating in economy, such as E+, Economy comfort, Main Cabin Extra, or Premium Economy. Why not? Or what am I missing?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

At least some airlines that have Premium Economy as a proper cabin do offer a points option for those upgrades. I know BA, VS, AF, LH do. I'm wiling to bet others do as well.

The others are all cash-based because, much like checked bags or the like, it is just an an extra fee, not a separate cabin.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:47 pm

NZ is another that allows FF upgrades (using the Airpoints currency of the program) from Y to PE.... In fact the formal upgrade program ONLY allows Y to PE (not to J) and is called "One-Up" for obvious reasons.....(PE to J is also possible of course and is what I use MY earnings for!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.