Wiki Posts
Search

Please help. Name error on Alitalia reservation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Please help. Name error on Alitalia reservation

Dear all,

Thank you for reading me. Yesterday at 19:36 (15 hours ago), I booked a flight for me and a friend from Brussels to New Dehli going through Rome. I booked it through eDreams. We are flying on the 17th of December and coming back on the 9th of January.

The problem is that I wrote 'Milla' as the name of my friend, while she's called 'Auromilla'. The name change we would need to do is of more than three letters, and therefore Alitalia says they cannot do anything and we need to buy a new ticket.

Please,does anyone know anything we could do. We booked the flight not even 24 hours ago, and Milla is just an abbreviation of Auromilla, it's the same person.

I have called eDreams, they told me they would contact Alitalia and tell me in up of a week if the name change was possible, I then called directly Alitalia, they told me it was impossible because of the extra letter we would need to change. So I am pretty sure eDreams will have the same answer as I did. I called Alitalia other 2 times, to ask if there was anything else we could do. But no.

Thank you very very much in advance to anyone who would know what we could do,
Nuria
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
I wouldn't worry too much.
Your question is over and over and the answer is invariably the same: unless the name(s) is diametrically different there are no issues.
See this thread for a similar case http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...l-trolley.html
MichaelBaku likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Ask eDreams to cancel the tickets? You are still within 24 hours of booking - but admittedly, I don't know if eDreams or Alitialia have a 24-hour grace period/24 hour cancellation rule, but you can ask.

Anyway, if they can't fix it and the only solution offered is to buy a new ticket - I guess you will have to chance it at check-in - I wouldn't cancel/buy new ticket but take the chance. There is no requirement that this name error is fixed; as long as you are able to check-in and get a boarding pass, you should be fine. The risk is obviously, that the check-in agent will refuse to issue boarding pass because first name in passport and reservation do not match. Whether that risk is high or low I have no idea - much will depend on the check-in agent that you approach. Some check-in agent seem to be able to fix these issues at check-in, but again, it all depends on the person that you talk to.

As you may have found out by now, booking air tickets via an OTA like eDreams certainly doesn't help you when things go South as in your situation. It becomes far more complicated with 3 parties involved (and 2 of them pointing at each other)

Good luck!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I really wouldn't worry. Plenty of Philips fly as Phil, Nicolas as Nick, etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.